Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Nadia Rasool 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Nadia Rasool 1 »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)? EPUB. I would prefer PDF

2. What device are using to try to open it? LENOVO Laptop

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before? No

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.
I clicked on the link provided. I see I do not have Macbook.

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?
YES, it is not supported.

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message? It is not supported.

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps. Yes.
Maria Nortje
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-nortje.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Maria Nortje »

Mary Nortje

I am unable to download the book in EPUB format
I am using windows 10 on a laptop
I do not have any of the programs required to open this format
I am struggling to download the ones suggested above.
ezepatience+4
Currently Reading:

Post by ezepatience+4 »

Can seen to open the ebook format
PARIS JOHNSON 1

Post by PARIS JOHNSON 1 »

I downloaded a book on obc readers and it seems like words are chopped off and it is hard to follow. I was really exited to read this and keep finding myself trying to read it again but it just doesnt make sense. Im thinking it must be how it downloaded. But how can i reveiw this if its not downloading correctly..?[/code]
Dolapo olayiwola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolapo-olayiwola.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Dolapo olayiwola »

I have OBC reader but it's not downloading
Have tried my cloud books
Still not downloading
Thandeka Mabvudzi
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading: I Can See Peace
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thandeka-mabvudzi.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Thandeka Mabvudzi »

My phone does now want to downloaded epub hence I cannot read the book
Alternativeakshara003

Post by Alternativeakshara003 »

Hello, im having a problem with the download link, if it would be possible, can the book be sent to my email
Grace Joy America
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by Grace Joy America »

1. epub

2. Android phone (Huawei)

3. Nope (I only know the .pdf format)

4. I saved it on my GDrive to see if it opens when I used my Company PC during work however a notif appears that says "No Preview Available" giving me option to download the file. I downloaded it & able to open with WPS Office particularly WORD using my Company PC however the file was not near to an ebook file, more like just texts in paragraphs (not so appealing to read), also I don't have enough vacant hour to read using my PC and that I can't focus and understand what I'm supposed to read due to the noisy environment since I'm working on a Construction Firm with most of my working time allocated on Site. If there's a possibility that it will be converted to pdf format since I am confident I can open it using my phone to refrain downloading any app since I'm saving storage prior to saving work related files.
Fariha Nourin
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fariha-nourin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fariha Nourin »

1. epub
2. Android
3. Yes.
4. The file I successfully opened before is showing error now. I normally downloaded it and opened it in OBC reader app. I was reading the book without any problem for 6 days. But I can't open the book from yesterday night.
6. Error : book file not found
7. I am using the OBC reader app
Lloyd Mlotshwa
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lloyd-mlotshwa.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Lloyd Mlotshwa »

Hello, must I have money on my credit card in order to purchase the book in order for me to review it? What must I do if I have selected a book yet my credit card is currently empty and will be empty for @ least the next 5 days?
Dottie Sawyer

Post by Dottie Sawyer »

No clue, kindle device, yes, usually downloads into kindle library
Maggie W 1

Post by Maggie W 1 »

Hi I have purchased the book but when I select the 'download now' it's not loading?
Edgar Hill

Post by Edgar Hill »

Please cancel this transaction, and unsubscribe me from any further communication.Thanks.
SecretRebellio
Currently Reading: Bespoke Betrayals and Sartorial Secrets

Post by SecretRebellio »

. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)? --------------The file is in PDF format !

2. What device are using to try to open it?---------------I am trying to open it on my Laptop which has a Windows 11 browser .

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before?---------Yes! I have and that too multiple no. of time.

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.-----------I simply click download and the file opens up and my laptop gives me various options as to where I want to open it for e.g. in google or in mircosoft edge or in some other app etc.

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?---------The other files usually take some time to download and then open up real quick but, this file seems to show 2 days left to download or 3 days left to download and it still hasn't downloaded and my major concern is that I need to update that I have downloaded a workable copy of the book on the website but , how can I do that if the book hasn't downloaded yet ?????????????

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message? ------------No , I am not getting an error message ! The book is simply taking wayyyyyyyyyy tooo long to download and I am concerned that I need to update that I have downloaded a workable copy of the book on the website but , how can I do that if the book hasn't downloaded yet ?????????????

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps.--------- i tried using those tips but , the obc reader app is only downlaodable on my phone and not my laptop and I do not have a kindle membership so , its not opening properly !
Alexandra Odeleye

Post by Alexandra Odeleye »

1. epub

2. Kindle Fire

3. No

4/5/6/7. epub file not supported by Kindle. Downloaded the file but received a "cannot open file" error message. tried to download the OBC app, not available on kindle. Tried to download Calibre to change format, not available on Kindle. Nook app also not available.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”