Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Cheryl Bryan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Cheryl Bryan »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)? EPub

2. What device are using to try to open it? Laptop

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before? No

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type? I can't find and suggestion that I can use for my laptop

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message? No

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps. I couldn't see a relevant one
chi_naxa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by chi_naxa »

1. pdf
2. Android phone
3.yes
4.When I open it directly from its place of download, I get an error message "Can't open file"
Cheryl Bryan

Post by Cheryl Bryan »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)? Epub I installed Calibre to try help but it hasn't

2. What device are using to try to open it? Laptop

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before? No

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file. Clicked on Epub and then installed Calibre

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type? Can't find a way to open it in Calibre

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message? Didn't get any message as such, just cant get any further in viewing the book.

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps. Used the tip to get Ebook and downloaded and installed Calibre
Vidhya Sanjeevan

Post by Vidhya Sanjeevan »

1. The ebook is in epub format.
2. I'm using my IPad
3. No
6. The error message was "The Office cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents."

Is there a possibility to get the books in Pdf format only?
Cheryl Bryan

Post by Cheryl Bryan »

I have tried opening it in epup and even installed Calibre but I still cannot review it. I have reported this on a couple of occasions and but have had no response
Perfect Miss

Post by Perfect Miss »

My lenovoS8 keeps failing to download the book at all. It says, "file download failed "
Cheryl Bryan

Post by Cheryl Bryan »

I have tried about 4 times now to report an error that I cannot review the book. I keep getting emails that I have to update my status which I do but to no avail.
Mary Kiefreider

Post by Mary Kiefreider »

I can't even get the app to download.
Cheryl Bryan

Post by Cheryl Bryan »

I have made numerous error reports, but have had no feed back. I keep getting emails saying I have to submit an error report. I think perhaps I am doing something wrong, but have no idea what.
Chimuka Hantuba

Post by Chimuka Hantuba »

1. epub
2. Android
3. No
4. I just go direct to the downloads and select it then an error message pops saying "can't open file"
5. I click on it after the download then the error message appears.
6. Error message "can't open file"
7. Couldn't try the other apps my device doesn't have enough space for downloading the apps.
Zeph Dim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeph-dim.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Zeph Dim »

The book Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling has failed to download. I have already tried downloading it several times.
I have also checked the OBC, and it is not there.
Thank you.
Kambashi Ronald
Currently Reading:

Post by Kambashi Ronald »

I couldn't open the book.
Format: EPUB
Device: Android
Format used before to open: I have never used it before.
Opening step: I just clicked on the books and get unable to open as a response
Cheryl Bryan

Post by Cheryl Bryan »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)? Epub

2. What device are using to try to open it? PC

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file. N/A

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type? I haven't tried opening this sort of file before

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message? No I get nothing to follow through, I've downloaded and installed both Calibre and Kindle but nothing seems to work

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps. I went Nook and Barnes and from their I went to Kindle and tried downloading and installing it
Margaret Njeri 5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-margaret-njeri-5.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Margaret Njeri 5 »

1.epub format
2. Phone
3. No, downloaded the file and click to open it direct but it doesn't open, sends an error.
4. Error message appearing "can't open the file"
5. Yes I tried the tips.Obc reader won't load past 70%. The others apps are unavailable in my country.
Susanna Williams
Currently Reading: The Best of Me
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susanna-williams.html
Latest Review: Murder in the Garbage by Jerry A Greenberg

Post by Susanna Williams »

Pdf format
iPad with kindle reader
Only 49 pages were downloaded directly onto a google tab.
How do I link my reader?

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”