Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Odina Tinga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odina-tinga.html
Latest Review: "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND" by Peter Simon Karp

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Odina Tinga »

1.The book is in epub form.
2.I am using portable computer
3.I have never been successfully in opening a file in that format on that device before.
4.I tried to o pen it in another device which has that format, i copied and paste it to my device, i always run trouble with this file, but, with pdf files , i never had problems.
5.I run trouble in opening the file, when i go to opening it says i must go to playstore, i can not find playstore in my portable computer.
6.I do not get an error message.
7.Yes, I read and tried the " Top Tips"
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Thero Molefe wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 18:02 1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)?
Ans: epub

2. What device are using to try to open it?
Ans: Laptop

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before?
Ans: No

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did to try to open the file.
Ans: Kindle but I have to purchase it since I don't have access to free kindle. Tried Microsoft edge bur not sure how to get the link to open since I am still requested to purchase

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?
Ans: NA

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message?
ANS: NA

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps.
ANS: listed above
You need the Apps to open the file, either the OBC or the Nook Apps.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali

Post by gali »

karras90 wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 11:30 1. epub format only choice offered
2. desktop PC (Windows 10)
3. No

Cannot open the book, error unable to find application to perform this action
You need the App to open the file.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali

Post by gali »

Odina Tinga wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 14:51 1.The book is in epub form.
2.I am using portable computer
3.I have never been successfully in opening a file in that format on that device before.
4.I tried to o pen it in another device which has that format, i copied and paste it to my device, i always run trouble with this file, but, with pdf files , i never had problems.
5.I run trouble in opening the file, when i go to opening it says i must go to playstore, i can not find playstore in my portable computer.
6.I do not get an error message.
7.Yes, I read and tried the " Top Tips"
You need the Apps to open the file.
A retired Admin/Mod

chava
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: T110

Post by chava »

1. epub
2. pc
3. no
5. This is the first ebook I tried to open, and I don't have an app, but wanted to open it in edge.
6. How do you want to open this file?
7. Yes
gali

Post by gali »

chava wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 10:47 1. epub
2. pc
3. no
5. This is the first ebook I tried to open, and I don't have an app, but wanted to open it in edge.
6. How do you want to open this file?
7. Yes
You must download an App to open it.
A retired Admin/Mod

karras90
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by karras90 »

1. epub format (would not give me any other format to use)
2. Desktop PC
3. No

I am using a desktop computer with Windows 10 running. When I go to the website through the link on your site, the only device available was my phone, not my desktop PC. I tried to back out of everything in order to choose mobi, but that choice was never available. Anything else file-wise and downloading to a different file is beyond my expertise. I am just trying to get out of the Review team now and then delete my account.
Naomey Naom
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naomey-naom.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Naomey Naom »

Hello,am unable to download and open the book on my device.Kindly help.
John Zulu 5
Currently Reading:

Post by John Zulu 5 »

1. The ebook is in mobi format.
2. I'm using mobile phone, techno spark 7.
3. No
4. When I click on the book and select open with option is giving me the error " file not supported.". I also tried to move the book to my documents location but when I click on "open with" kindle isn't appearing on the options for apps to open the book with
6. File not supported.
7. When I try the tips listed on top, using file manager I copied the book but can't seem to find kindle folder in main storage.

Is there a possibility to get the books in Pdf format ?
gali

Post by gali »

karras90 wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 14:45 1. epub format (would not give me any other format to use)
2. Desktop PC
3. No

I am using a desktop computer with Windows 10 running. When I go to the website through the link on your site, the only device available was my phone, not my desktop PC. I tried to back out of everything in order to choose mobi, but that choice was never available. Anything else file-wise and downloading to a different file is beyond my expertise. I am just trying to get out of the Review team now and then delete my account.
You need the App to open the file.

Once chosen, the format can't be changed.
A retired Admin/Mod

gali

Post by gali »

Naomey wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 16:48 Hello,am unable to download and open the book on my device.Kindly help.
You should report it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

gali

Post by gali »

John Zulu 5 wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 18:34 1. The ebook is in mobi format.
2. I'm using mobile phone, techno spark 7.
3. No
4. When I click on the book and select open with option is giving me the error " file not supported.". I also tried to move the book to my documents location but when I click on "open with" kindle isn't appearing on the options for apps to open the book with
6. File not supported.
7. When I try the tips listed on top, using file manager I copied the book but can't seem to find kindle folder in main storage.

Is there a possibility to get the books in Pdf format ?
Once chosen, the format can't be changed. You need the Kindle App to open the file.
A retired Admin/Mod

karras90

Post by karras90 »

This is the fourth time I have submitted this problem.
1. epub format only choice offered.
2. desktop PC running Windows 10 - Amazon reader cannot find book
3. No

This is very disturbing and confusing. I have never been able to download a book from this site. Please take me off the review team for this book and delete my account.
gali

Post by gali »

karras90 wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 12:02 This is the fourth time I have submitted this problem.
1. epub format only choice offered.
2. desktop PC running Windows 10 - Amazon reader cannot find book
3. No

This is very disturbing and confusing. I have never been able to download a book from this site. Please take me off the review team for this book and delete my account.
You need the NOOK or the OBC Apps to open the book, NOT the Kindle.

You need to report it or quit the book via your Update tab, NOT here. After doing that, you will be able to quit.
A retired Admin/Mod

SirLifted
Favorite Book: Man Mission
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirlifted.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by SirLifted »

I'm not interested in reviewing the book again, but can't find a way to cancel the review. Please, help cancel the review. Also, to ease members' stress, insert the "cancel review" option for books that members changed their minds on reviewing.
Thanks

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”