Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Meri Renfroe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Meri Renfroe »

Cannot open file is the only league I receive. I've tried everything. Kindle doesn't work. Neither does the obc site, or app. I'll have to try and figure something out tomorrow
Nikial

Post by Nikial »

I could not download the book epub, I have kindle on my android phone. I also submitted the issue and am not sure what happen. I thought it was understood that I didn't get the book downloaded.
Karen Morley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen-morley.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Karen Morley »

I have downloaded the book titled: Sip Lake for review but it will not open for me to read. Please help.

Karen Morley
Maria Melanie Reyes

Post by Maria Melanie Reyes »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)? PDF

2. What device are using to try to open it? Huawei Tablet

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before? Yes

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.
I double-clicked the download link
5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?

I cannot get through the link.

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message? No error message.

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps. - no apps to open yet. It is the link that was not enabled when I clicked it.
Jennifer Overhulse
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-overhulse.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Jennifer Overhulse »

I chose this book to review but when I went to download it the deadline had changed to today. Not even going to start it…
Jennifer Overhulse
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-overhulse.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Jennifer Overhulse »

I can answer the questions below but it will be useless. I opted to review the book, but when I went to download the book the deadline was 6 minutes prior to when i would have downloaded it. I don't have time to read and review it according to my calculations. I sent a message on this forum last night. Please update your records to reflect the above. The fact that I was able to select the book 6 minutes after the updated deadline is not my fault. Please advise.

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)? pub

2. What device are using to try to open it? iPad

3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before? yes

4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file. It works all the time. I'm sure it would have worked this time if it hadn't already been past the deadline when I selected the book.

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type? No.

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message? No

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps. I use the OBC app. It works for me.
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

I recently downloaded an eBook titled "Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50" by JL Service in PDF format. The file is password-protected. Can anyone send me the password so I can read the eBook, please? Thank you for your kind help.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
IfyJoan2
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifyjoan2.html
Latest Review: Mystics of Fortune by Mike J Carlozzi

Post by IfyJoan2 »

1. Epub
2. Android
3. Yes
4. I usually go to my obc reader app and then open the book
5. When I try to open the book on my obc reader app. It loads for hours but never actually opens the book
6. No error message
7. Yes I tried the suggestions
Nompumelelo Kubheka 1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nompumelelo-kubheka-1.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Nompumelelo Kubheka 1 »

If I go to an online bookclub app it says I have downloaded all the available books yet I can't seem to find the file anywhere.

I have downloaded the Kindle Amazon app. Please help me as I am very fustrated.
Nompumelelo Kubheka 1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nompumelelo-kubheka-1.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Nompumelelo Kubheka 1 »

1. In epub format
2. Mobile device
3. No this is my first book as I am new
4. I clicked on the link you sent me via email, it took to an online book app . I clicked on the book and the blank page appeared.
5. At the point where I clicked on the book itself.
6. I just get a blank page
7. I tried the online book app and the Kindle app.
Enock Moyo

Post by Enock Moyo »

Epub is not available in my country to open the book. I want pdf format
SOUMYA P 1

Post by SOUMYA P 1 »

I AM UNABLE TO OPEN THIS SITE
jaymestark4
Currently Reading:

Post by jaymestark4 »

1. Mobi
2. Kindle for iPhone
3. No
6. Can't open.
7. Yes but it's not opening in my Kindle app.
Urmi Yesweker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urmi-yesweker.html
Latest Review: The Mother of Honey by Ana Maria Luisa

Post by Urmi Yesweker »

I cannot download the OBC app, it says it is not available in the UK!
Dewane Morris

Post by Dewane Morris »

Having trouble downloading the file "3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)" May I download it using Kindle app instead?

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”