What do you love about your library?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Re: What do you love about your library?

Post by TopaAzul062 »

At least once a week my mom would take me and my older siblings to the library to get books; especially during the summer for the reading challenges. When my sister started driving she introduced us to the Main Library branch located downtown. The second floor was my favorite as it had lots of creativity books.

The most frequented branch, especially now, is Otranto Regional. We try to go at least once a week and we go so much the librarians greet us by name. There was a new addition where we can now check out ebooks either through hoopla or OverDrive (favorite).

I still get books and am occasionally greeted by past teachers. Looking forward to their second -Con event this summer.
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

I have been to many different styles of libraries. The new modern and brightly colored ones are okay, but I love old libraries the best. The ones with the old wooden tables and chairs whose surfaces are worn by the use of generations of readers. I love the way they smell and the feeling that washes over me as I walk through the door. In the older libraries there is no need for a sign to remind you to speak quietly, for the spirit of the place brings a feeling of hushed reverence. You are whisked away to a place of peace and refuge, a place where the cares of life are put on hold, a place where you can find a portal to anywhere and anywhen your heart desires.
:library:
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

Libraries are great place to acquire knowledge in different fields..that is the highlight for me.
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
ashtonf
Currently Reading: The Young Elites
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ashtonf »

The reading areas
Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Post by Aditi Sapate »

The company of sooo many books! Peace and quiet. It's a sad thing that libraries should be bustling with people but it has become the only place where you'll find peace.
Jenthebooknerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jenthebooknerd »

I am new to the site and forum, but I love going to libraries. My boyfriend and I just found a new library that is about an hour away from us, but it is so worth it. It has so many books to choose from, also it has games, ebooks, and also audiobooks. Also, there is a bookshop inside the library. It is AWESOME!
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Irishmom wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 19:25 I do like my ereader for having a lighted book to read at night and not bother my husband, for the ease in getting new books, and for the convenience of carrying it with me. But I long for the library! There is something about it. I wish I had more time in my life for time at the library.

What is your favorite library and why do you like it? Tell your fellow booklovers about it! Time to brag on libraries!
I love the fact that I can access my books at my own disposal time
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

I don't really love a particular section of the library. I love the atmosphere there. Everything was quiet and people are working or reading on their own. It sort of motivates me to learn and work too.
Readingblondes
Currently Reading: A court of throne and roses
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by Readingblondes »

Florence Nalianya wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 03:27
Irishmom wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 19:25 I do like my ereader for having a lighted book to read at night and not bother my husband, for the ease in getting new books, and for the convenience of carrying it with me. But I long for the library! There is something about it. I wish I had more time in my life for time at the library.

What is your favorite library and why do you like it? Tell your fellow booklovers about it! Time to brag on libraries!
I love the fact that I can access my books at my own disposal time
This point is really huge, and life changing ..
Sometimes (most of the time lately) I have insomnia, and it's way more easy to Search and start reading a new book on my e-reader.
Even though e-books are revolutionary but physical books are another game.
Syson Dolph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-syson-dolph.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Syson Dolph »

I love my library because; it belongs to me as an asset, it adds to my daily responsibilities and goals, it adds and enhances my private school of thought, I learn something new by connecting with other individuals and bridge spaces and learning new vocabulary is a fact I cherish very much.
Arjun6567
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Arjun6567 »

My library is a great source of information for me. This valueable asset has always helped me to understand every subject deeply. I use this knowledge gained from the books in the outside world to tackle problems I face everyday. I would like to thank my friend Amit who introduced me to SapnOnline which lets a book lover stay connected to latest Events/Offers/Promotions and Happenings in the books world. Today I have met my dream of having around 100 books of different subjects only because of SapnOnline. I think everyone should develop a habit of reading by updating their library to stay updated and knowledgeable.
naomisorge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naomisorge.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by naomisorge »

My hometown's library used to be in an old, moldy building but recently they built a gorgeous new one, shaped to look like a stack of books--the inside and outside are very instagrammable! It's become a meeting place for people to go have coffee or just hang out, which is exactly what a library should be. And it has amazing views over the city. If you go to Halifax, Canada, you should definitely visit it.
sunmuth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunmuth.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by sunmuth »

I live within a 20 minute drive of 4 different libraries (lucky, I know!) and they each have a different appeal to me. One has a lot of events, another has a huge used bookstore section, and one looks a bit like the Hogwarts library inside so I love to go there to do work.
CliffordPhillips
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CliffordPhillips »

Library is a great resource of reading materials. I love to expend my additional time into library.
BookPower9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 387

Post by BookPower9 »

My Library is just beside my sofa. All I need is just to pick what Book I'm interested to read. But I miss a kind of Library that arranged with table and chairs.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”