Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Post by Blessing O 2 »

I use Wattpad and there are good books there, but the good books are most especially paid books.
hayisa
Currently Reading: Get a Financial Life
Bookshelf Size: 70

Post by hayisa »

There are many high-quality books found on Wattpad so much so that publishers approach them. It mostly caters to young aspiring writers and lots of fanfictions await you there.
Afrochild7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afrochild7.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Afrochild7 »

I haven't visited the site in a while but I'd recommend you read Robert Thier's books. I read all of them😎😃. My favourite is the storm and silence series. I love his writing style, there's a lot of humour. Oh, his pen-name is TheSirRob.
Cátia Rato
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catiarato.html
Latest Review: The Inmate by Alan P. Woodruff

Post by Cátia Rato »

I have found excellent books on Wattpad! Like the comment above, I love Robert Thier's books. Also, a series which the first book is called The Runner by Katie Baker. That book is amazing!
It's just annoying that we take so much time finding a good book there.
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

There might be a few rare gems out there but it will take dedication to find them.
Ayomikun Babalola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomikun-babalola.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Ayomikun Babalola »

I think there are. The problem is the effort it takes before you find a beautifully written book. First time I started reading ebooks was on wattpad, so I still have a fondness for it
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

Wattpad is a treasure trove of good books for beginner writers, I must say. The editing is not much refined, but their plot and stories are good. I mostly spend my time there a lot when I was a teenager reading books. You can a find lot of good books there, just keep trying and you will find them.
Chrystal Paris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-paris.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Chrystal Paris »

I was a fan of Wattpad. But it's so hard to find reasonable books. There are so many unfinished books and so many amateur writers
yaayaa
Currently Reading: The Silent Patient
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by yaayaa »

I think there are great books on wattpad but its difficult finding them.This discouraged me from using the app actually for over four years now. I recently downloaded the app again hoping to have a different experience this time.
Liza Chulukhadze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I remember a few books that were amazing to me, but when I think about it, I was 14 back then and every mafia love story fascinated me. Yet I think there could be some exceptions that have a valuable information and an interesting plot, but that is probably 1 out of every 200 books. Nowadays it is more of an app for people to have fun. Even I wrote a book there when I was 13 and got 50k reads.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Donald Donaldson »

marj_ wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 09:30 I personally like Wattpad, but it's just so hard to find good books there. There are good books, but the problem is that they aren't finished, and sometimes, the author just stops updating them. It's kind of frustrating actually, nevertheless, I still read on Wattpad from time to time or basically when authors update the books I'm currently reading.The Lonely King, Cosmos, and The Rebel Prince are examples. :lol:
I feel you. I used to be obssessed with WattPad, but I moved on because of the long wait for authors to post the next chapter. Sometimes, they never do.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

Hard to find and takes ages to update or some are just dropped. I used to read on Quotev before wattpad even launched it was good
Cyan McMillan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyan-mcmillan.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Cyan McMillan »

Good books are mythical creatures on Wattpad. I came across the site in 2013 when I started getting into fanfiction and thought it was a fanfic site at first. But then I discovered that original works on there too, and a cousin who I was close to at the time recommended some original books on there (keep in mind this was when both of us were teens). I didn't like any of her recommendations which lead me to spending 2 consecutive hours trying to find something I liked on there. I didn't find a single good book on there in those two hours, and I'd eat a spoonful of pork liver to get those 2 hours back. I haven't been on Wattpad since and at this point I'm almost afraid to. Maybe some better authors have posted on there in the more recent years, but I'm not counting on it.
Nimra Kiran
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimra-kiran.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nimra Kiran »

Finding good books on Wattpad requires a bit of exploration and open-mindedness. If you're willing to dig through the content and give different stories a chance, you might discover some truly enjoyable reads. Plus, when exploring stories on Wattpad, remember to check out reviews, ratings, and reader comments to get a sense of whether a particular story aligns with your preferences. Additionally, Wattpad often features stories that have gained popularity, so be sure to explore the platform's recommended or featured content.
"A bear knows seven songs and they are all about honey."
Shing Araya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Shing Araya »

I am not a fan of Wattpad but, I think there are good books out there.

I'm sure you'll agree that, everywhere lies a great author 8)

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”