Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
k_leh1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Post by k_leh1 »

In short, it depends. If you are a teenager and writing your first works, you’ll probably find a friendly community of similarly minded writers. If you are an adult with twenty years of writing experience and aspiring to professional publication, Wattpad is likely to be frustrating and disappointing.
Although this app has some bugs and issues that need to be fixed, you are able to interact and write stories with other people. This app is really good for writers who are testing their skills out and upcoming writers.
natasha juhl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by natasha juhl »

They may not be best sellers that come from Wattpad, but they have their own unique voice to them and that is what makes a book memorable for me. A good book from Wattpad involves regular posting(not the people who forget to post a new chapter for 2 years) and also stories that have personality and do not try to copy a plot line and stories from other popular books. There are so many books on Wattpad that some of them are actually good books.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
Liveforchrist51
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: The Hundredth Time Around by Stacy Lee

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

Wattpad has good books and bad books. That is the joy of it though, aspiring writers can put their work out there and grow from it. It is a wonderful concept even though yes, now and again you do find yourself trying to make yourself finish reading it because you are just that bored with it. I applaud anyone who is willing to put themselves out there on Wattpad.
cogitononsum
Currently Reading: The Great Gatsby
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogitononsum.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by cogitononsum »

it's filllllled with real people fan fiction, and I cannot take it. I usually just use it for the Korean and chinese novels that are there, but only in desperate cases.
Vanessa Leong
Currently Reading: Finish what you start
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanessa-leong.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Vanessa Leong »

Long story short, no I don't think there are good books on Wattpad. Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of Wattpad stories but the times where I can say I've had a meaningful reading experience is underwhelming, to say the least. The characters, settings, and plots are often one-dimensional and seem to be recurring across the platform. Many books have terrible editing and grammar. Others have awkward dialogues. Those that have the foundation for a good book tend to migrate to other paid platforms. Of course, I don't deny the effort it took for the writers to put up those books. I've just not had many good experiences with most Wattpad stories.
Danny Rands
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Danny Rands »

There are good books there but it's completely depends on the type of books you like, and your style of reading.
Kiran Kanwar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiran-kanwar.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Kiran Kanwar »

I think there are good books on Wattpad but it is hard to find good books which eventually get completed. You invest time reading a book, and start to really like it and then you get to know that it won't be completed, that's not a pleasant feeling.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

Definitely, but there's a lot you have to sift through to find them. I enjoyed my time there as a teenager, it's a great place to work on developing your writing skills, but now as an adult, its appeal is quite limited since there's really no guarantee of quality
Priyankaaa18
Currently Reading: Thirteen Reasons Why
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankaaa18.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Priyankaaa18 »

I am also a wattpad reader and have read many books on that platform. There are many amazing books that you can read. Some of these amazing books are The badboy and the tomboy, The girl he never noticed, The unmated king, The After series, Bullied series, Kidnapped by the mafia prince, Breaking the bad boy and The Selfish series.
Snigdha Pandey
Favorite Author: David Levithan
Favorite Book: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
Currently Reading: One last stop
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snigdha-pandey.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 5798

Post by Snigdha Pandey »

There are a lot of good books on Wattpad! But it's been a while since I've read anything new. I only open Wattpad nowadays for reading the latest book on Storm and Silence series, and the other book by the same author, RobThier - Dawn of the Duchess, which is a Storm and Silence spinoff.

Some of my favourite (and completed) books on Wattpad are - Cherry Knots, One Cappuccino Please (this is written in a style which I think is native to Wattpad, just including the conversations between two people. I love all the books of this type, including Hotline Launderer, Wrong Number Included, etc.), Like Hurricanes, Infinite (short story), Anonymous and Wise Men (this might be the only serious book, as in both content and writing style on Wattpad).

You may or may not like my recommendations. That depends on your taste and choice of genre. But I hope you can give them a try if you're looking for good books on Wattpad.
words_dreamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-words-dreamer.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by words_dreamer »

I don't prefer Wattpad to read books for fictional genres as they are overdramatic, you will have to search thoroughly to get a decent book to read there. :snooty:
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I was still young when I started reading books on wattpad, even then, there were still some poorly written books on there. There’s no doubt however that there were some amazing books I fell in love with. It’s been years I’ve been on there so I can’t really say for now.
Juliet Johnson
Currently Reading: Functional Dysfunction
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-johnson.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (German Edition) by Peter Liptak

Post by Juliet Johnson »

There are some books that are very nice on wattpad, but they are rare finished.
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

Well, out of so many books that can be found on Wattpad, of course, there are also so many potential stories that can be a source of entertainment, joy, sadness, and intrigued. But, the Wattpad world has been tainted with stigma, in my opinion comprising of unprofessional writers and inconsiderate readers only praising those work of art that has to do with either intense romance or teenage series that lift their spirits. However, it’s a great app and can still be a good resource for reading great stories.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

I honestly read books on Wattpad before I discovered several platforms where I could read free ebooks. Of course, there are indeed so many good books on Wattpad. There is various genre there that we can pick anything we prefer.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”