Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Praju Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praju-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Re: Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Post by Praju Sharma »

Yes. There are many talented writers in Wattpad. There are many well written books. I am a fan of fanfictions and love how people have experimented with the characters and plots. I am currently reading Stall by Mysterymixtapes. So far I am loving the storyline. However there are some awesome stories that don't updated. So I try to read only the ones that are completed.
Irenosen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Irenosen »

I love Wattpad. Yes, there are bound to be some not-so-good books because they allow self-publishing. But there are great authors there too! I recently found a beautifully written historical novel there, titled "A Simple Deception" by Laura Bell. And I read some of her other works and fell in love with her writing style. (P.s she's my new favourite author there)
M
Sasikala gupta
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasikala-gupta.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Sasikala gupta »

Yes I love Wattpad They have some really interesting books to read the only drawback is when the authors don't continue to write or leave a book unfinished for months so better check before selecting any books from there.
Reading is like opening a door to another world :techie-studyinggray: :techie-reference:
Jnapika D
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jnapika-d.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Jnapika D »

I'm dealing with the same issue too; I started reading a book a few years ago and it still isn't finished. But with that being said, there are a lot of good books on Wattpad.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

There might be a few good books on Wattpad, but most of the others are just stories written by teens and don't have any meaning to it.
Ambar Gill
Currently Reading: Finale
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 42%

Post by Ambar Gill »

Wattpad is actually what got me into reading when I was in junior high. I have a soft spot for it and there are some amazing books on there, you just need to look. I don't have the patience to wait for an author update so I usually just pick books that are already finished lol.
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:
Ambar Gill
Currently Reading: Finale
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 42%

Post by Ambar Gill »

Wattpad is actually what got me into reading when I was in junior high. I have a soft spot for it and there are some amazing books on there, you just need to look. I don't have the patience to wait for an author update so I usually just pick books that are already finished lol.
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

Yes, there are amazing fanfictions on wattpad, I love many of them. I would definitely recommend reading wattpad books.
Carolyn Nje
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Carolyn Nje »

Wattpad like any other online library has its upsides and downside. It has some amazing books, authors and good interactions. But ooh the thrill you get in just starting a new book and living someone elses life . Although depending on preference opinions may vary
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

Definitely! Though it's a rarety nowadays. Many great authors left the site to start their own careers, while others got busy with life. So, about 85% of the books now are not as good sadly.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”