eBooks vs Wattpad

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Justjaal_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justjaal.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Re: eBooks vs Wattpad

Post by Justjaal_ »

I have been using Wattpad for about 5 years now, and I can say that it's a platform where you can find anything: from fanfiction, unfinished stories, and great stories. I usually read Fanfiction in another page so I can't say anything about them, but I have read a lot of stories in Wattpad and a lot of them are really good, It depends on the author. Once you find good authors that usually finish their stories, you will love Wattpad. Right now, I only use the app for reading the updates of my favorite stories, because they are always writing new incredible things.
J_u_d_y26+
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by J_u_d_y26+ »

I love Wattpad I love the novels there. When most of the novels I love were been paid for at high rate I stopped using it because I don't have the money. I now use anybooks which is quite good but I still miss Wattpad.
EmmaZ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmaz.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by EmmaZ »

Probably eBooks. I used Wattpad for a while but I ended up uninstalling it. There were some good books I read, but most of them had either been abandoned or were so badly written that they were hard to understand.
On the other hand, I think eBook authors put more effort (generally speaking of course) into their books than Wattpad authors. I'm thinking that maybe I just haven't found a really good author on Wattpad, so maybe I should give it another chance?
NerdyAsh677
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdyash677.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by NerdyAsh677 »

I tried wattpad before and I somewhat like it.
both still gives stories and I can say they both give good ones.
the only differences are in wattpad there are possibilities of being abandoned but its only a possibility.
In ebooks once the book is published it means its finished.
if you are willin to take the possibility in wattpad of being stopped midway then read it..
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

Wattpad is a great avenue for beginners or novice readers/authors. But with ebooks, you're more guaranteed to read a book that has more quality than in Wattpad. I use Wattpad a lot for light reading!
aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

E BOoks are best as it is easy to manage them than managing a wattapad.
elisathelvarik
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisathelvarik.html
Latest Review: The Art of Pleasure by Julia Steed

Post by elisathelvarik »

I cannot believe how many people use wattpad here. I use wattpad everyday to find new books in different genres and styles. I continue my love of reading on a budget because sometimes books can be expensive. I also find new authors that I love from wattpad and read their newer books from ebooks. I know that unfinished books and updates are not ideal, but you can always filter for only completed books when you search. I always choose completed books because it just feels like I'm reading an ebook. I'm also a scrolled when I read online because I'm used to it! Wattpad gives a platform for potential book lovers and new writers to explore the world of reading.
beatrice_mom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by beatrice_mom »

I use wattpad and e-book, it really depend on what litterature type I want to read. If it's a big classic book I will take an e-book, but when I want to read about something adventurous I will look for finished Wattpad store, they are cooler there. But I like e-book more because it's better for my sight.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

Wattpad is a good device to ready but I don't like the unpromising customer service team as they were never been able to solve even one single technical issue that iI had faced till date.
Wangui07

Post by Wangui07 »

I'd say wattpad is really good for a person who wants to start reading. I love it. In my experience I started off by reading books in wattpad and with time I went through other options. Wattpad made reading interesting for me.
angeladorado

Post by angeladorado »

Some wattpad books are good, theyre just not popular. They have too much poorly written romance books that have 1M+ reads.. It really depends on the kind of book
mraphael1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mraphael1.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by mraphael1 »

I enjoy reading both ebooks and wattpad. For ebooks you know what you are paying for a good story that has been written and edited. But on wattpad it is a hit or miss, I enjoy it because when I find a good story on wattpad it is like finding gold. Overall I use both types to read novels.
Vanessa Leong
Currently Reading: Finish what you start
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanessa-leong.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Vanessa Leong »

I would say invest in eBooks. Yes, they may cost more than the free books on Wattpad but more often than not, you'd find better quality material in eBooks than on Wattpad. Of course, there's no harm in reading Wattpad books from time to time. I would personally invest my time in quality ebooks but no one is stopping you from reading both. You don't have to choose one over the other.
Danny Rands
Currently Reading:

Post by Danny Rands »

In my opinion ebook is the best. I've used wattpad, it's bit dissapointing but it's not very interesting to navigate. Ebook gives a more direct approach when you need a book and it is downloaded directly so you can keep for as long as needed.
dennisbragra
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisbragra.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by dennisbragra »

For me its e books. I will get the books i want. The books will be complete and from my favorite authors

However if you are an up and coming writer Wattpad would serve you best

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”