Reading on your smart phone

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Re: Reading on your smart phone

Post by TusharJoshi »

Reading on a smartphone is good if you are engrossed in the book and have no other alternative. Otherwise, it is not an ideal option at all!
Faisal Kurfi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faisal-kurfi.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers: by Arthur Hartz
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Faisal Kurfi »

I agree with this post. It is easier to read every available few minutes and to move around with your library.
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

I always read ebooks using my smartphone because I don't have a laptop or any other device for reading. My friends tell me that the texts are too small but I don't feel that. I am comfortable reading from my phone. It's easy and can be used wherever I am, even in the bathroom :D
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

I have gotten addicted to reading on my smartphone. Nevertheless, one faces a lot of distractions, especially when the data network is on. It's unfortunate that there are days when one cannot put off the data because of office work
Samuel Onowhakpor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-onowhakpor.html
Latest Review: Seeker: A Sea Odyssey by Rita Pomade

Post by Samuel Onowhakpor »

Most of my books are E-books that I read on my phone. There is much flexibility in reading. I mean I can literally take the most absurd positions and still be able to adjust and read my book as I like.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I read always on my phone. I like it because I can bring it anywhere, it's so handy. But sometimes too much exposure to it can irritate my eyes. I wish I have iPad or Chromebook. I think it's more convenient.
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

The one thing I like about reading on a smart phone or electronic device is it gives you an idea of how long it will take you to read that book.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

I have several reading apps on my mobile phone that makes it easier for me read. I will always pick my phone over my laptop when asked to choose a reading device. Maybe it's because I can comfortably carry my phone around.
Nguyen Thanh Trung
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nguyen Thanh Trung »

Really comfotable reading books on the phone. It's compact and easy to read anywhere
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

Barbarabillig wrote: 27 Aug 2011, 14:59 Terry Callister sent me his new ebook, The Catalytic Programme, and I read it on my smart phone. That was because my laptop was too cumbersome in bed to read easily. It was a fantastic reading experience - the phone is lightweight, it is back lit, the text can be sized to whatever you want. And, if you are a speed reader, holding the phone vertically, makes the text easy to scan down line by line (with speed reading you are supposed to read lines, not words). Plus, you always have your phone with you - can read any time you have a few minutes. I used to laugh at the idea of reading a book on my phone - now I'm downloading to my phone. By the way - Terry's book is well worth reading. I posted a review. Barbara Billig
I prefer reading ebooks on my phone instead of my computer. It is portable, I can hold it at any angle. The experience is just better for me.
Tammy Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammy-grey.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Tammy Grey »

I like reading on my smartphone cause I find it more convenient and easier to access anytime.
abhilashrao1987
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by abhilashrao1987 »

A smartphone can be useful while travelling it comes very handy. But that's not a convenient way to read.
Nimra Kiran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimra-kiran.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nimra Kiran »

Reading on your smartphone is all fun. I recently started reading on it too and truly it's a good experience that I thought to be poor. I just thought, without practicing it lol. It is all going fine until you get distracted by a single notification. :x I don't like it, so mainly I switch my internet connection off. But it may not be a good idea at various times because sometimes I have to do a little research when something curious comes up while reading. So, you just have to have a good detachment game running away from notifications and ignoring all distractions to stay focused while reading.

The other thing that I've noticed is I get headaches more often when I read on my phone, as compared to my laptop.

That's why my preference will always be a paperback, no matter what.
"A bear knows seven songs and they are all about honey."
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Powerhouse Radio: Rough Roads, Radiance, and Rebirth by Kingsley H. Smith

Post by Marina Flisvou »

It's handy because you always have your phone. Plus, you can change text size to make reading easier. But the small screen can be hard on the eyes for some people, and you have to turn pages a lot. Also, getting lots of notifications can interrupt your reading. So, it's good for quick reads, but maybe not for a long time.
Marina
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Powerhouse Radio: Rough Roads, Radiance, and Rebirth by Kingsley H. Smith

Post by Marina Flisvou »

It's handy because you always have your phone. Plus, you can change text size to make reading easier. But the small screen can be hard on the eyes for some people, and you have to turn pages a lot. Also, getting lots of notifications can interrupt your reading. So, it's good for quick reads, but maybe not for a long time.
Marina

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”