Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

I have a Nook.
20%
I have a Kindle.
63%
I have a different e-reader.
9%
I do not have an e-reader.
8%

Total votes: 232

Jatin Nagpal
Currently Reading: Delphi Complete Works of Aristophanes
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatin-nagpal.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Post by Jatin Nagpal »

I have a Kindle because it's globally available. Couldn't get another e-reader if I wanted to, though I would've picked the Kobo if I had the choice due to greater user control.

But my Kindle's served me well. Bought it way back when it launched here (PW3), and it's still going strong. Not planning to switch it anytime soon, something I can't say for any of my other newer devices.
BookAddikt
Favorite Book: The Black Dagger Brotherhood
Currently Reading: The Law of Unintended Consequences
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by BookAddikt »

I selected 'I have a different e-reader' and that is an Ipad with the Kindle app on it. I love it
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I have a kindle because I got gifted one. I didn't know much about nook then so I was very happy with it.
Vanessa Taveras
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Vanessa Taveras »

I prefer Kindle. Cheaper option.
Razib Paul
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Razib Paul »

"I prefer a Kindle for its convenience and extensive e-book library. Kindle's user-friendly interface, portability, and adjustable settings enhance the reading experience. The seamless integration with Amazon allows easy access to a vast array of titles, and the e-ink technology reduces eye strain. While Nook has its merits, Kindle's broader ecosystem, reliability, and continual updates make it my preferred choice. The versatility and ease of carrying an entire library in a compact device align with my on-the-go lifestyle, making Kindle the ideal companion for my reading adventures."
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Silverblood Promise
Bookshelf Size: 2292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: Faking Fairytales by Aimie O'Callahan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

I just got a Kindle Paperwhite when the model first came out and there was no competition for that at the time. Now I already own a lot of books for Kindle so there is no going back even if I wanted to. But it suits me just fine. I can read books from Libby. There is just way more books available, especially for me who likes to support self-published authors.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I have a the kindle app and so I use it to read and I very happy about it.very convenient I love it

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”