Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

I have a Nook.
20%
I have a Kindle.
63%
I have a different e-reader.
9%
I do not have an e-reader.
8%

Total votes: 232

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Post by Scott »

Assuming you have one, do you have a Nook or Kindle? Why did you choose that one?

I have a Nook because my wife got it for me as a birthday present. I would have picked the Nook anyway for the same reason my wife did which is that my sisters have Nooks.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I have a Kindle ... got it as a gift last Xmas after loads & loads of hints! I was an Amazon customer anyway so it make logical sense to go with the Kindle. I still buy regular books & still go to the library, so I guess I'm a half convert.
The Kindle is incredibly handy, easy to use and so convenient for travelling.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Howardasherman
Favorite Author: Roger Zelazny
Currently Reading: Size the Day by Richard Marcinko
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 13678

Post by Howardasherman »

I do not have a Kindle but I own books through my iPhone's Kindle app and I use the Kindle app on my PC.

I guess that means I'm a Kindle user if not necessarily a Kindle owner!

Howard Sherman
A24

Post by A24 »

Fran wrote:I have a Kindle ... got it as a gift last Xmas after loads & loads of hints! I was an Amazon customer anyway so it make logical sense to go with the Kindle. I still buy regular books & still go to the library, so I guess I'm a half convert.

Same as Fran. I think if you are more of a Barnes and Noble person, then perhaps the Nook is more your choice. I read a lot of reviews before I chose the Kindle.

-- Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:30 am --
Fran wrote:I have a Kindle ... got it as a gift last Xmas after loads & loads of hints! I was an Amazon customer anyway so it make logical sense to go with the Kindle. I still buy regular books & still go to the library, so I guess I'm a half convert.

Same as Fran. I think if you are more of a Barnes and Noble person, then perhaps the Nook is more your choice. I read a lot of reviews before I chose the Kindle.

-- Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:36 am --

Don't know why the quotes are showing up twice???
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
eaglesflamenco

Post by eaglesflamenco »

i prefer kindle coz its very cheap and affordable.when waiting something in a queue,i usually read some ebooks by this kind of device
Pigs on the Wing

Post by Pigs on the Wing »

I have an iBooks app on my phone with a few books on it but i hardly ever use it as opposed to real books.
Mrs.T
Favorite Author: William Blake
Favorite Book: The Kite Runner
Currently Reading: The Zombie Survival Guide
fav_author_id: 12304

Post by Mrs.T »

nook i love it. Honestly i chose it because i looked better holding it than the kindle fire, haha. Also I am able to dowload books,mags, etc from everywhere opposed to just the kindle store.
tonya10057
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: honest illusions
Currently Reading: The next always
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by tonya10057 »

Mrs.T wrote:nook i love it. Honestly i chose it because i looked better holding it than the kindle fire, haha. Also I am able to dowload books,mags, etc from everywhere opposed to just the kindle store.
me too
love_aud
Favorite Author: Ray Bradbury
Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha
Currently Reading: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
fav_author_id: 2498

Post by love_aud »

I have a Kindle because my Grandmother has one and she gave me on for my graduation. I absolutely love it! It looks like an actual book page. My boyfriend hates using it, so there's a huge bonus :lol: But no really I love using the Kindle, it's easy to use and amazon's help center was so helpful when my last kindle bit the dust. They were so nice and I could just go online and talk to them instead of calling them on the phone. :)
Love Audrey, future photojournalist/writer :)
key_key

Post by key_key »

I have Nook an I'm very pleased with it
wall-e54
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Help

Post by wall-e54 »

I have a Kindle, just cause I'm an avid Amazon user and I knew they worked well since my parents have one.
mouseofcards89
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoevsky
Favorite Book: Notes From Underground
Currently Reading: Precipice
fav_author_id: 9263

Post by mouseofcards89 »

I own a Kindle. It was a gift, and I am 100% satisfied with it. The Nook looks fairly good, too, though I have never used one. The Kobo is very user-intuitive, but the selection of e-books is poor. The Amazon Store is much better.
"The world is a vampire/sent to drain/secret destroyers hold you up to the flames/And what do I get for my pains?/Betrayed desires, and a piece of the game."
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Not really up on the difference between the two as i have put off the decision to buy one for time being but in Tesco earlier and saw a rake of Kindles reduced to 100euro, I almost had an impulse moment and bought it but I know i wont use it right now so i will hang on another while but i have no doubt i probably will get one in 2012, maybe when the price is down another bit!
You only live once.....so live!
arwa

Post by arwa »

I have Kindle, simply because it came out before the new Touch Nook, and I don't live in the US so someone brought it to me. My kindle isn't touch and that is one of the qualities I like about it, sometimes touch screens are so annoying that I would rather click than touch.
Amazon Kindle is so easy to use and it feels like reading a real book, with no glare. I don't have to carry a bag of a lot of books to read on campus or anywhere, but a small light device that can carry more than a thousand book. I bring it with me everywhere.

I was and still a huge fan of paper books, but with Kindle my academic life (and my life in general) became easier.
sweetpea
Favorite Author: Ransom Riggs
Favorite Book: Miss Peregrines Home 4 Peculiar Children
Currently Reading: The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
fav_author_id: 2933

Post by sweetpea »

I have a kindle. I like it because it's light, very easy to use and has a nice long battery life. I like the built in dictionary feature too.

The majority of books are cheaper to purchase and there's no postage to pay.The best thing is not having to wait for a book. I order most of my paper books online (usually on amazon) and I hate waiting for them to arrive. With Kindle it arrives straight away.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”