Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

I have a Nook.
20%
I have a Kindle.
63%
I have a different e-reader.
9%
I do not have an e-reader.
8%

Total votes: 232

Shadowed_Gates
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Honest Illusions
Currently Reading: Moxie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadowed-gates.html
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE
fav_author_id: 3258

Re: Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Post by Shadowed_Gates »

Kindle both as an e-reader and an app. Just smoother and easier to me.
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward
taylorhudson310
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylorhudson310.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by taylorhudson310 »

I have a Nook. I bought it because books for it are either free or at least way cheaper than in the store for a regular book which is nice plus I can have all my books on me at the same time.
Sprice110
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sprice110 »

I have 2 Kindle Fires and also use a Nook(Gramma's gift that she never uses).
Each has it's own set of pros and cons of course. For me, the Nook is tops when it comes to simply reading books. The Kindle Fire is good for reading as well, especially if you like color. My biggest bias is that the Kindle Fire was a bit tough to read in sunlight. I love and work outdoors a lot, so being able to read in sunlight is a must. The Nook was the better choice for my reading tastes.
The Kindle Fire is perfect for my boys(12 and 10). They can read books they enjoy(which usually have pictures), and switch to a game or movie at any time. I have used it to encourage them to read, saying hey, that show you are watching is based on a book, why don't you go check it out. My oldest has discovered that books are turning out to be better than the movies based on them.
cunninghame

Post by cunninghame »

i was given a kindle for my birthday and absolutely love it! it's easy to use and has great battery life! The only issue i would say is that i go through books like crazy, which can be a little expensive, so it would be nice if they had a better selection of free books to reduce my costs!
booklover101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover101.html

Post by booklover101 »

well I have a nook that I love like if I'm waiting for a book and I can't wait i order it from my nook and get instantly or if I pre-ordered it I get it at midnight and can read it then. By the way I won my Nook on a reading compention.
Xantos
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xantos.html

Post by Xantos »

I own a Nook, but I have both the Nook and Kindle Apps on my Ipod. I have noticed that ebook prices differ sometimes with both companies and one book may be cheaper with one company than the other.
CattieA
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cattiea.html

Post by CattieA »

I started with a Nook because Barnes and Noble is my favorite store so it just made perfect sense to buy ebooks from them as well. Then I entered a giveaway for a ebook but it was the kindle version so I got that app as well. Now I absolutely love Amazon and buy kindle copies all the time.
frances8881
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frances8881.html

Post by frances8881 »

I have a Nook. It was a birthday present from my husband. He said my books were taking over the house. I love to read and am usually reading more than one book at a time. So that's why I had books everywhere. Now I am pretty faithful to my nook, unless I forget it at home and use the kindle app on my phone. I don't really have a preference, I enjoy the features they both have. Although I do want an updated Nook, since mine is going on four or five years now.
V-miller
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-miller.html

Post by V-miller »

I have a Nook. It was a gift from my husband a couple years ago. I love the versatility of it --I can find a book on "good reads", buy the book online and download it to my Nook or my iPhone and read it on whichever device I have handy. I do a lot of traveling and I like taking one item (Nook) and having several books on it to read instead of packing several books. Of course, that being said, I still end up buying books in airports whenever I find one that screams "buy me!!!" :)
summerstorm2013
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summerstorm2013.html

Post by summerstorm2013 »

I have a Kindle Fire. Actually, it belongs to my daughter as she got it for Christmas a couple of years ago. She also got an IPOD touch that same year and never messed with the Kindle. I don't know if I would really have a preference between the two. I shop at Barnes & Noble as well as Amazon.
sybil1reader
Favorite Author: All crime authors
Favorite Book: Too Many to name
Currently Reading: CJ Lyons
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sybil1reader.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin

Post by sybil1reader »

I have a Kindle because a car salesman recommened it to me after seeing me read a hardcover. I really wasn't too aware of any e-readers, but I am glad that I got the Kindle. I started with the paperwhite, I now have the HD Fire 7", and I am seriously considering the newest round coming out.
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
EnjoiSkyler
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjoiskyler.html

Post by EnjoiSkyler »

I have a Kindle. I have owned a Nook though. The only reason I bought the Kindle was because at the time the Amazon book store was larger. I'm not sure which is larger now though, but I enjoy my Kindle.

Skyler
jsinard42
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
Favorite Book: The Host
Currently Reading: Revenge of the Witch
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsinard42.html
fav_author_id: 6470

Post by jsinard42 »

I have a kindle. There is a Barnes and Noble in my city but I've always found Amazon to be cheaper and more efficient. When it came to choosing an ereader I just went with the most logical choice for my needs.
julianfroment

Post by julianfroment »

I do not have a kindle as such. I do however use the kindle app on my computer and tablet. I resisted for the longest time, but then found myself wanting to read books by indie author friends that were only available as ebooks. This prompted me to use the tablet for this, and I have to confess, I am loving the freedom. The freedom to carry around a large quantity of books is amazing. I find it an enjoyable reading experience too.
cjdyer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjdyer.html

Post by cjdyer »

I have a Kindle Fire. My brother and I received one for Christmas since we are both avid readers. The main reason I probably got one is that I am running out of space to put my books. I have the smallest room in the house so I have no room to begin with. I do like it, even though it has been awhile since I bought a book (books=money=need to find job). I can't wait to buy books again!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”