Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Wendyfred
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyfred.html

Re: Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Post by Wendyfred »

For books that are simple in design, I prefer eBooks. For beautifully designed books, art books, large page sizes, double column, or heavily illustrated, I prefer the print versions.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I still have physical books on my shelves but I haven't read one in a lonnnnng while. I am doing all my reading on my Kindle or iPad. I much prefer them. They are handier to take with you. And there are so many free ebooks available. Plus I don't have to go to a store now I can just download to my device wherever I am. Wonderful inventions!
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
zeldagreene
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeldagreene.html

Post by zeldagreene »

It is really hard for me to read online books or ebooks. It hurts my eyes and I always get headaches. That is one reason I don't like the ebooks. I also have a really big book fettish for the smells of books. I know I'm weird, but I will always prefer real books to ebooks. However, I will use one if I am unable to have a book with me. I have the Nook.
booksandlatte
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksandlatte.html

Post by booksandlatte »

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 which I read all kinds of eBooks on using the Google books app, Kindle app or Nook app. I like the convenience of being able to carry entire libraries of books with me when I travel but if I had a choice I would probably only read actual books.

There is just something about the feeling of a book in your hands and the smell of older books that is intoxicating. I enjoy discovering books in the library or old bookstores, you can stumble upon hidden gems in a way that's not possible in the Amazon store or any other eBook site. I admit I'm a bit of a geek but I will take the experience of curling up with an actual book over the convenience of eBooks any day.
NotEvenClose
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-notevenclose.html

Post by NotEvenClose »

Since the day I got my Nook I have read only one actual book
and it annoyed me to no end!
It was probably 6 or so months since I had held a 'real' book and since I got the ipad (the ibook app and Nook/Kindle apps with so many free books) I have yet to read another paper book.
Not to mention everything syncs between ipad and iphone so wherever I am I have the book I'm reading and a backup in case I finish one :D

suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Fran wrote:If I were to buy for my Kindle all the books I read I'd have one hell of a bill from Amazon. So I will continue to use the library, borrow & lend from friends and colleagues and purchase from second hand shops and occasionally will still buy from the regular book stores. But in honesty I do think the e-readers are here to stay
Ditto!...plus I prefer holding a REAL book in my hands...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
ajensen6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajensen6.html

Post by ajensen6 »

I have fully switched to ebooks. I love the convenience of having a book with me where ever I go and not having to worry about the pages getting bent, having a bookmark handy, or it taking up too much space. I also love that ebooks are more affordable than most paperback books.
EmilyDridan

Post by EmilyDridan »

I am currently on my second e-reader, my first met an unfortunate end under my knee one dark night. I love my e-reader, it's perfect for traveling and for getting the hard to find books without waiting months for it to arrive. But I still say nothing beats curling up with a paperback book and losing myself in its pages.
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

Other than books showing the work of photographers I like all my books are read on an ereader or my cellphone.
ParaDice
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paradice.html

Post by ParaDice »

While I don't yet own an ipad, I do have a tablet and a smart phone which both have the kindle app reader and adobe PDF format. I love the portability of them and always have access to reading as well as other things I can do on these devices. It's lighter then carry around a book (especially novels) and it's easier on the eye cause you can adjust the text size and background and text colors. It's now the way I read at least 90% of the time.
emmyduffel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmyduffel.html

Post by emmyduffel »

I have an both an iPad and an iMac to read off of but I am an old-fashioned teenager and prefer hardback. Reading isn't the same to me if the book isn't physically in my hands.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

It took me a while to switch away from paper book even after I got my Kindle, but when I moved to Japan, I felt I had no choice because my books just couldn't come with me. Now I usually use only my Kindle for reading, but I find it a pain to read books in Japanese on my Kindle or my phone. I prefer to have those in my hand, mostly so I can write on them when I come across a word I don't know.
PillanReads
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pillanreads.html

Post by PillanReads »

I have a Nook and I don't read in paper form anymore. I love my Nook. It is light to carry around, it fits in my handbag, and I can carry more than one book. Since I move to USA from Sweden I had a problem to get my hands on Swedish books. We ended up filling our bags with books every time we visited Sweden. Now a days I only log on to a Swedish library and download the book I want to read for free. I love that you don't have to keep the light on when you read, if you fall asleep with your Nook on it turns off the light after awhile.
kristyblack
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Favorite Book: Too many to list
Currently Reading: Real Estate books and study materials.
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by kristyblack »

I read pretty much exclusively on my Nook. If a friend lent me a regular book I would probably read it but all of my book purchases are on my eReader.
Neyra
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neyra.html

Post by Neyra »

Those days I only read ebooks!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”