Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
mrsdsclass
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsdsclass.html

Re: Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Post by mrsdsclass »

I have pretty much switched over to eBooks. It saves trips to the store or waiting for books to come after ordering online. I can also read the at night in bed after my husband has gone to sleep. Plus, it saves my house of the clutter of all the hard copy books.
higdons
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-higdons.html

Post by higdons »

I have a Nook HD and I absolutely love it. I switched to purchasing my books completely on the Nook about 2-3 years ago. The amount of space it save is one benefit, as well as getting your books instantly without having to go to the store. It allows you to read anytime day or night without disturbing anyone because of the lite screen you can adjust. Rarely does it not have the books I am wanting and I don't have to hold open he book, yes I am completely aware how lazy that is, but it is a perk for me :) I would wholeheartedly encourage the switch to an e-reader.
Gotta Book
Favorite Book: The Nickel Boys
Currently Reading: Godshot
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gotta-book.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B07X4GF8HS

Post by Gotta Book »

I have the small kindle fire (started out with a basic kindle) and only read on kindle for at least 4 years. I check most of my books out from the library and only buy books from amazon that I know I will like.
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

Once upon a time, I used to read paperbacks. Not anymore. The world is in a constant state of flux (bluetooth, blue ray, ipads, tablets) --and bookworms, like every other creature in the world, has to evolve. Plus, if you read an ebook instead of a paperback, your helping along the world's transition into becoming a much more greener habitat for us all, and for the next generation of bookworms. One thing I like about ebook is the fact that even if someone storms in on me, they don't know what I'm reading, or even that I'm reading at all. I'm becoming more intelligent everyday, and nobody has the slightest inclination. (Mwuah-ha-ha!)
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
starcrunch61
Favorite Author: Robin McKinley
Favorite Book: I really cant say
Currently Reading: The Wise Mans Fear
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starcrunch61.html
fav_author_id: 6333

Post by starcrunch61 »

I makes me sad to say that I basically have switched completely. I happen to live in the country, our biggest city is 30 min away. Since I happen to read a lot it just makes more sense. I hate finishing a book in a series and its only 10 at night. I like the instant gratification of being able to buy the next one and stay up all night if I want. I also find I read on my phone more than I read on anything. I have a nook and a kindle but its just easier to carry your phone since you have to have it anyway. I do miss hardcovers or paperback sometimes but I have plenty on my shelves to satisfy my need if it comes to that.
dramaquill

Post by dramaquill »

I downloaded Kindle for iPad and do have about 65 books on it. I find that I read more non-fiction on my device but still prefer curling up with a paperback when reading fiction.
lady_charlie
Favorite Author: Isabel Allende
Favorite Book: The House of the Spirits
Currently Reading: Very Valentine
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-charlie.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 16996

Post by lady_charlie »

I can finally get library books on my kindle!

Yippee!
It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. J.R.R. Tolkien
Lisalovecraft
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalovecraft.html
Latest Review: "A Devil of a Time" by Gretchen Jeannette

Post by Lisalovecraft »

I received an iPad for Christmas and do most of my reading on it. I don't plan on giving up real paper books any time soon, however!
Latest Review: "A Devil of a Time" by Gretchen Jeannette
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

lady_charlie wrote:I can finally get library books on my kindle!

Yippee!
YES! This is why I'm 100% sold on eBook reading! Not only that, but I can read on my Kindle OR my phone! Borrowing a library book on my phone and reading in the bathroom is completely acceptable, unlike (I'd assume) with actual, physical library books. PLUS, I don't have to worry about fighting to hold pages apart or having light on (my fiancee and I both HATE having more light on than necessary!).

eBooks 100% of the way for me, except for the rare occasion that I can't find a particular book in the online library but can as a physical book and it's one I REALLY want to read.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
KAYKAYKAY60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaykaykay60.html

Post by KAYKAYKAY60 »

Yes I have. I can't read regular sized print any more and although I can read large print books I don't have the strength to hold the books. I had basically given up reading until my first ereader. All of my books now weigh only 1 lb and I can choose font sizes based on my disability.
Ayane101
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayane101.html

Post by Ayane101 »

I have a kindle paperwhite, the kindle app on my tablet/phone/computer. However, I still have well over 500 books and I am always getting more. I get most of my kindle books for free, so that has just been building the collection and it is a great resource for my kids and homeschooling. There is always something new coming out for them to read and devour.

However, for me, there is just that feeling you get when you sit in your chair, with a cup of coffee, a lamp over your shoulder and opening up that book. Everything from the setting to the smell. I have to have real books with my kindle.
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

I practically only read from Kindle but it isn't my first choice. I absolutely love holding a paper book. I love seeing the cover and knowing when a book is ending by the feel of the pages that are left. Somehow checking to see what page or percentage I have left just doesn't cut it for me. I use kindle because I live overseas and there aren't books in English at the bookstores...and no libraries :'(
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

Sadly, I find myself reading more and more on my e-reader. It's just so convenient for me to download books. I can also carry it in my purse with me at all times. I have shelves filled with physical books, though. So I always have the option to switch back and forth when the mood strikes.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
kotori

Post by kotori »

I do almost all of my reading on my kindle. I only read stuff that I can't get on my kindle in a physical form or sometimes I read my two year.old physical books.
ReadandRoll[
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: There are several
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... nbroken</a>
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower IV
Bookshelf Size: 550
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReadandRoll[ »

I read almost entirely on a Kindle Paperwhite due to disability.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”