E-readers in the classroom

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Re: E-readers in the classroom

Post by estanlypido12 »

This is quite odd but maybe a viable option. However, this must be, I think, exclusive for college students only. With so many readings they are to have, this will simply help them as well for their personal satisfaction in reading.
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

Wow! E-books in the classroom will make the learning system smooth. I once saw Apple's textbook. It was engaging.
Allyana
Currently Reading: Kaylie's Forgotten Birthday- children's book
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Allyana »

The E-book is a colorful, innovative, engaging technological tool. That makes learning fun. Audiobooks allow students to hear explicit sounds of letters and letter patterns that form words. Teaching within the twenty first century is utilizing the various advances of contemporary technology to help academics and students at intervals the training surroundings. These 21st-century skills are more necessary to students currently than ever before. They do not solely offer a framework for undefeated learning within the room, however guarantee students will thrive in an exceedingly world wherever modification is constant and learning ne'er stops. and that they are hugely necessary for our nation's well being.
Cavanaugh (2002) characterized the e-book by software and hardware; software has texts, pictures and other information whilst hardware is a device or program that displays on a screen. Jean Piaget's theory of cognitive development suggests that children move through four different stages of learning. His theory focuses not only on understanding how children acquire knowledge, but also on understanding the nature of intelligence. Some features of E-books include: easy accessibility, portable and lightweight, making it easy to carry around, easy on the eyes and interactive elements
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

There was no such thing when I was in college. I understand if it is popular in colleges now, but I think kids should go through the same thing we went through in college that involved no e-readers.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

mouseofcards89 wrote: 27 Dec 2011, 11:00 For those of you who are either presently in university/college or have graduated recently, do/did any of your professors assign textbooks that were available in e-book format on Amazon? I understand that e-readers are not ubiquitous, but a one-time investment of $130 could save students exorbitant expenses on textbooks. Think about this carefully. Textbooks would be more expensive than typical novels, too, but digital versions could eliminate at least 50% of production costs. Do this in conjunction with digitally disseminated courses (such as television networks expressly for university curricula) and you've just eliminated 90% of university costs. I'm wondering if any profs have caught onto this yet.
My university never did this, but it is a brilliant idea.
abhilashrao1987
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by abhilashrao1987 »

Yeah. I would support this initiative. E-books will become more handy instead of students carrying so many heavy books everyday,
Sameeha Ismail
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I am still attending college, but in here every professor seem to frown when I mention eBooks and internet resources. They hold on to old school methods even when resource persons from outside my college encourage utilizing the bloom of internet. I don't think my college will be investing in ereaders anytime soon.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

My professors gave us pdf versions of books and told us to print them if we wanted to. I sent them to my kindle and have been using them like that.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”