Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Use this forum to discuss the June 2022 Book of the Month, "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings", by Mike L Junior.
BruceP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brucep.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Post by BruceP »

According to me, Mike L Junior's book WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings is a wonderful, adventurous read with a good plot. The aspect of the book that I liked most was its cover. I think it is artistically pleasing and symbolic. Absolutely nothing about the book disappointed me. This book falls under the category of fiction. An experienced writer's writing style is portrayed in this book. I recommend it to those readers who enjoy reading fiction . Considering how the novel is narrated, they would be impressed.
Jona00baka
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jona00baka.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Jona00baka »

This book has a very good plot and nice storyline. However, the author did present the characters appropriately. Furthermore, there's more profanity that made me uncomfortable. There are errors that affected my reading. I think this book should be reworked for a better experience of readers. As such, I give this one a rating of 2 out of 4 stars.
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

"WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings," book one by Mike L. Junior, I really like the cover of the book. The picture looks vicious, and for the right reasons. My first thought was that this could be a thriller/action/suspense kind of book. The title befits the book with the background picture of the mean-looking animal. I think you don't see many books looking like this. The picture on its cover sets the book apart from several other books. I liked whoever came up with this idea. It seems like the right idea for the cover. The title prepares the minds of readers for what to expect in the book. Mike didn't disappoint me in this book. He writes like a professional writer, full of great ideas, imagination, and creativity. The characters and events look believable and relatable. The post-apocalyptic time didn't mean things were easy or better for the living. Far from it. Everyone that didn't die wanted to survive, build, and belong. It was still a scary world. The book is very entertaining; betrayal, severe devastation, survival, rebuilding, segregation, and revenge are some of the book's key themes. The book is captivating from the beginning to the end. 

What I didn't like were some aspects that seemed not to be consistent with or relevant to the storyline. But one could tell that Mike put so much effort into the story to make it as lively as possible. I would recommend this book to adventure, suspense, and action-thriller readers. This is a book I'd like to recommend to my friends who love this kind of book. There is room for improvement, though.
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Captive
Bookshelf Size: 607
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

There is a good germ of a story in this book. Unfortunately, it gets buried in the lack of editing, poor formatting, and dialogue from characters that all sound the same. I don't know anything about the author, but it appears that the book was written by someone either of middle school or early high school age. I'm only about a third of the way through and still unsure if I will be able to continue. The non-punctuated dialogue is driving me crazy. I am going to attempt to power through the rest of the book. It's not the worst book that I've reviewed for OBC, but it's close.
Larnie_12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Larnie_12 »

The book contained lots of errors and typos, and the use of profanity was uncalled for. I really did not find the book intriguing.
Oluwabiyi Israel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwabiyi-daniel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oluwabiyi Israel »

Overall, I would rate the book three out of 4 stars. The book has quite an interesting plot, some great characters and powerful themes. I also enjoyed reading about the world they live in with the different animals and plants. Unfortunately,there were just too many errors that disturbed my reading.
Achiever Tandoh
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achiever-tandoh.html
Latest Review: Burly by Paul Drewitt

Post by Achiever Tandoh »

The editing was not professional as the book has many errors. However, I like the storyline. I'd give a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
Latest Review: Burly by Paul Drewitt
leeho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leeho.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by leeho »

The book is good except for the errors. I liked the storyline its interesting, i will give it a two out of 4 star because of the plot, it kind like deserved one but i enyoyed the stotyline a lot.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of the errors and the way the book ended. The plot line was very interesting. As for the title, it originated from the name Cole and his group decided to name their clan. Though I don't understand why the decided on that name. If you like a fast-paced thriller, I think this is the book for you.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tara D Morgan »

I wouldn't usually have read this book as the first line was dreadful. "The night sky filled with flakes of snow off the hills of a brown snow boot worn by a youthful Middle-Eastern scarlet-haired female running through a forest carrying a bag full of stuff" Why did the editor not get this changed? It is too long, makes little sense, and the bag full of stuff?! However, I am glad I persevered as this book is entertaining and well-structured. The narration flows easily with this post-apocalyptic genre leaving the reader captivated with the adventures the main character goes through. I would give this book 2 out of 4 stars as there are so many errors.
bishop_444
Favorite Book: Yesterday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bishop-444.html
Latest Review: The Reject Bench by James H Morgan

Post by bishop_444 »

My overall rating is a two out of four. The editing errors were distracting, and the profanity was unnecessary. The plot of the book was quite exquisite. I don't think I was the intended audience, so my enjoyment wasn't as good as it could have been. I think it would be beneficial for younger demographics, like teens.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

It was an okay book. Wouldn't really recommends it to others. the errors in writing made it kind of frustrating to read but even if it was proofread it wasn't as good a read as I would've wanted it to be.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Kieran Anslow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-anslow.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kieran Anslow »

In my opinion, this book is an intriguing work of fiction, and I love the way the author constructed the book. This book made me feel like there'd be a time when technology might become useless to humanity. There are profane words within the book, and I'd give it an overall rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Post by Tony Official »

I am impressed by all that I have read about this book. I love the book's storyline so much. I want the author to actually re-edit this book. This seems to be the only problem with this book. All in all, this book is beautiful.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Post by Tony Official »

I am impressed by all that I have read about this book. I love the book's storyline so much. I want the author to actually re-edit this book. This seems to be the only problem with this book. All in all, this book is beautiful.

Return to “Discuss "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior”