Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Use this forum to discuss the June 2022 Book of the Month, "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings", by Mike L Junior.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

Other than the numerous errors in the book, I think the author did a good job in the it. I would rate it 3 out of 4 stars
Joanne Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanne-ike.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Joanne Ike »

The premise was what enticed me. I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stories. It's definitely an interesting read however the errors made it slow to read. I found myself having to re-read a lot of the lines. Eventually, I gave up. The cover is a nice graphic style and was part of the reason I picked up the book. I'm sure I'll pick it up again one of these days.
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

The author has brought forth creativity with unique blend of different scenarios. The storyline is designed skilfully which expresses destruction and progression. Cole's chemistry with different characters is captivating. The descriptive narration had me completely immersed till the end and I will surely recommend it to anyone who likes action and adventures. (
Sean Stapleton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-stapleton.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Sean Stapleton »

I rated the book 2 out of 4 stars. As many others have stated, the errors were overwhelmingly distracting as they occurred nearly constantly. The story was interesting and compelled me to continue reading but the characters were very prone to monologuing for multiple pages at a time, and sometimes they would do it in the middle of a dramatic action sequence - it didn't seem like the time to learn a character's tragic backstory was in the midst of a chaotic city-wide battles where the characters were trying to urgently accomplish some tasks. The book definitely needs an editor or three.
Mandy Males Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandy-males-cole.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Mandy Males Cole »

The description is intriguing but I shy away from books with lots of errors. I find it distracting and it takes away from my enjoyment of the story.
Jillian Onessimo
Currently Reading: Discards

Post by Jillian Onessimo »

This books story line is essentially interesting. However, the issues with numerous grammatical errors made it impossible for me to finish. Run-on sentences made the text choppy and harder to read because there was no natural flow to it. The story also did not have great insight into the characters initially, I'm not sure how well the character progression occurs past the first chapter.
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

Although this book was professionally edited which means it contains a few errors but it is still a fast paced novel that's fascinating and enjoyable to read. I will rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars.
Jankal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jankal.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Jankal »

The level of suspense in this book was immensely delivered. However, the author could have done a little extra on the editing.
Jillian Onessimo
Currently Reading: Discards

Post by Jillian Onessimo »

Sadly, I decided not to finish this book, I vary rarely do this. I agree with everyone how the title and cover of the book are amazing; the errors however were too distracting. I felt there wasn't a good flow to the book at all. There was a large amount of discussion in the beginning to explain the setting and plot, but it could have been accomplished in a different way that was less monotonous. The situation in the beginning of the book was descriptive but didn't suck me in to wanting to read more. I do very much like books that fall in this genre, there just needs to be a lot of revision here.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

I admired the plot in the story, though it contains quite some errors and a degree of profanities that can't be ignored. Therefore, am giving it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
Yasmyna Feraru
Favorite Book: The Catcher in the Rye
Currently Reading: Jack frusciante è uscito dal gruppo
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Yasmyna Feraru »

I fell in love with this book after the few first pages, an absolute masterpiece!
The beginning had a strong hold on me. I am particularly into dystopic books, so of course I would have liked it at least a little bit, but the plot, the way it is written, the world building, incredible. And the subtle reminder that in a post apocalyptic world one’s interests are more important that the group’s, is completely on point with most of the behavior of today’s world, a non apocalyptic one.
Let’s not forget the “true” plot of the book either. The way it goes from describing the world right after the death of 99% of the population to how the remaining 1% has to develop differently to survive to following the protagonist’s journey of vengeance, keeps you literally attached to the book.
Melissa Best
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: Love and Marriage
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-best.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Martin Wyatt

Post by Melissa Best »

To be honest, I find the errors to be more distracting than a lot of others posting here. It's not just the word misuse, it's the words missing spaces between them and sentences missing punctuation. I find myself having to reread a lot of sentences. The plot is fairly intriguing though, the story itself has potential.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

The plot of this book is very interesting.I've been looking for a book with an apocalyptic story in it. However, the book requires more editing because I discovered numerous errors while reading it. This is the book for you if you enjoy reading about science and technology.
HanWhite
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanwhite.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by HanWhite »

Reading through all the comments on this book, it sounds like there are many errors throughout. I find it very hard to enjoy a book when I'm constantly distracted by typos and grammatical issues. It's unfortunate as this sounds like a promising book with a strong plot.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tara D Morgan »

My overall rating is 1 out of 4 stars. I loved the story and it was well thought out but I feel poorly executed. There are grammar and spelling errors on most pages and there are some beautifully executed sentences that run out of steam and end badly, For example, on page seven "A youthful Middle-Eastern scarlet-haired female running through a forest carrying a bag full of stuff." .... Bag full of stuff??? I was very disappointed to have to mark this book so low as I feel with a good editor the score would be 4 out of 4 stars!

Return to “Discuss "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior”