Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Use this forum to discuss the June 2022 Book of the Month, "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings", by Mike L Junior.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the June 2022 Book of the month, WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings, by Mike L Junior
What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

Although there are many errors in the book I still think the plotting of the book is intriguing. It's a possible future scenario. I also like the cover of the book, it's ominous and gripping. The book is good for a nerd, someone interested in the future of the world in relation to modern technology. It's a good book.
Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechukwu-fortune-njoku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku »

The book gets a 3 out of 4 rating from me because there are a number of errors in the book. However I found the title and cover to be in tandem with each other, the readers minds anticipates a captivating and intriguing reading experience from there.
Ikechukwu+12345
Currently Reading: TBD
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-12345.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Ikechukwu+12345 »

Aside from the fact that the book contains a whole lot of errors, I do not like the entire storyline, the cover is awesome though, but i will still give it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html

Post by Frank Mutuma »

The plot is amazing and keeps one in suspense. The only issue is editing errors but these can be easily resolved. I would rate the book 3 out of 4 stars
WriteOn
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writeon.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by WriteOn »

From what I have read so far I'm impressed by the natural flow of the writing in this post-apocalyptic genre book.
The scenario of well intended medical technology progressing beyond control is frightening, all the more because it could be a warning about the future.
The errors are causing me to re-read sections to understand whats going on but overall I'm still more impressed than I anticipated because the plot is complex. I will read on.......
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 754
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Although the plot is good, the number of errors including using the wrong name for characters made me decide to give this book a rating of 1 out of 4 stars. Having to second guess which character was speaking made this book a nightmare for me to read. A general proofreading would have eliminated many of the errors. The cover and title are what enticed me to read this book.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html

Post by Simmons32 »

I honestly did not care for this book. There was so much profanity throughout the book and it felt completely unnecessary. Unfortunately, I did not find any of the characters to be very likeable. Actually, they were all really annoying to me. I don't read too many books set in the future, and this one does not stand as one of my favorites. I wish I had better things to say about it, but that's just how it was for me.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Following the trend as I observed same, the errors in the book are a little disturbing so it has affecting my rating for the book. But if that was ignored, I would say that a tremendous job was don't by the author. As I am a reviewer, I cannot overlook errors therefore I am giving this book three out of four stars.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

Watchdogs Abnormal beginning by Mike L Junior is a story that relates to the uncertainty of the future that can be disastrous. The errors in the book are enough to reduce the enjoyment one intends to derive from it. The cover of the book is captivating but a little scary to me and in a way depicts the title of the book.
ZhanLu
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhanlu.html

Post by ZhanLu »

Everybody seems to be irked about the astonishing errors in the book, and so do I. The post-apocalyptic theme set in the future is, ofcourse, interesting. However, the amount of profanities in the book... Well, a bummer. Enjoying read but it was a bummer, alright.
ZhanLu
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhanlu.html

Post by ZhanLu »

Simmons32 wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 10:26 I honestly did not care for this book. There was so much profanity throughout the book and it felt completely unnecessary. Unfortunately, I did not find any of the characters to be very likeable. Actually, they were all really annoying to me. I don't read too many books set in the future, and this one does not stand as one of my favorites. I wish I had better things to say about it, but that's just how it was for me.
Exactly how I felt! It was okay at first but it increasingly got annoying and became unbearable for me to read, but the descriptions of the monsters were sweet haha.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

The book is intriguing, I like the suspense, especially cause it was set in the future. That’s some amazing thing. I did not enjoy the book like I would have though cause it was plaque with so many errors.
Ayesha Ameera Memon
Currently Reading: Culture Jock
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-ameera-memon.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Ayesha Ameera Memon »

It's a really easy read, the story flows quite authentically and the narration doesn't feel forced. However, the editorial errors bothered me quite a bit. If not for those I would have rated it maybe a 3 out of 4 stars but it's super hard to follow the story when there are so many errors so it's a bit of a 50/50 for me. Overall though, I think it is an interesting plot and seems very promising and suited for teenagers.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

This book's storyline is quite fascinating. It's quite unfortunate that it had a lot of editing issues. I love the book's cover and title, it before the book well.

Return to “Discuss "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior”