Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Use this forum to discuss the June 2022 Book of the Month, "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings", by Mike L Junior.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior

Post by abstactlemon »

The errors were almost too much for me, but I pushed through because of the plot. This was ultimately a good story. It was very intriguing, engaging and I really enjoyed the post-apocalyptic setting.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

The errors are what spoil the book's appeal. Many reviewers have given the book poor ratings because of this. However, I think the story is an interesting one that pushes us out of the normal.
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

I rate it 2 out of 4 stars. The plot is great. however, the conflicting characterization and editing flaws greatly reduce my enjoyment of the book.
Ivan Mukaaga
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-mukaaga.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ivan Mukaaga »

The book's cover is very intriguing. Suitable for anybody who loves reading about the future. How I wish it was properly edited, that would solve a lot errors in it.
Kelsey Fulton
Favorite Book: Villette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-fulton.html
Latest Review: Man Shark by Gerald Knight
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kelsey Fulton »

As others have stated, the many errors in the book were very distracting for me. I didn't love the main characters, as they felt routine, a bit stereotypical, and not unique enough to really remember after reading the book. Additionally, Kaarina's expository at the beginning of the book felt unnatural and unrealistic in conversation, despite being necessary to understand what was happening in this world. I think the author could have done a better job weaving in the history to set the scene. However, I'm not normally a fan of sci-fi unless it's exceptional, so I'm not the target audience anyway, but I'm glad others enjoyed it.
"Everything is nothing, with a twist." -Kurt Vonnegut
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Bri Denzel »

The similarities of the characters' personalities makes me remove one star from it and rate it 3 out of 4 stars. It would have gotten the full stars if the characters were significantly different.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

This book has so many errors throughout that it's a struggle to read. I also feel that that pacing is a bit too quick to really enjoy the characters. I simply do not like this book.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I did enjoy the futuristic plot and the character description. The plot was a bit too much sometimes, but it had its own enjoyable moments. I must say the character development in the book was to the point. Everyone had their moment to shine. A few tweaks in writing and the narrative would have made the book good. For me, I will give it 2 out of 4 stars.
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

There are a number of errors in the book but it doesn't stop me from applauding the author for a job well done. The plot is amazing.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

The storyline of this book is quite intriguing, and I love the plot. Although there are errors, I love the characterization of this book. The book has an adventure theme, and it is easy to flow with. I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
Kabeer Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kabeer-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Kabeer Ahmed »

The book contains a lot of errors as stated by fellow reviewers. I've read their reviews too. The book seems interesting but due to the errors, if I am ever happened to read the book, I'll definitely give it a 3 out of 4 stars. (Clearly, I haven't read the book yet. Only read dozens of its reviews.)
Alexis Kraus93
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexis-kraus93.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alexis Kraus93 »

I like the storyline of the book about the future of the world and technology. The writing style is fair and the plot is consistent. However, there are several errors throughout the book. I would recommend the book to friends because of the storyline but I would rate it 3 out of 4 stars because of the errors.
clrhometutor1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clrhometutor1.html
Latest Review: Findin9 H2OM3 by Jameson B Grant

Post by clrhometutor1 »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 09:44 Although the plot is good, the number of errors including using the wrong name for characters made me decide to give this book a rating of 1 out of 4 stars. Having to second guess which character was speaking made this book a nightmare for me to read. A general proofreading would have eliminated many of the errors. The cover and title are what enticed me to read this book.
Seeing this actually stopped me from picking the book. The book cover design was excellent and I expected the author to have done perfect editing. Mixing characters names for me is a no no.
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

The author has brought forth creativity with unique blend of different scenarios. The storyline is designed skilfully which expresses destruction and progression. Cole's chemistry with different characters is captivating. The descriptive narration had me completely immersed till the end and I will surely recommend it to anyone who likes action and adventures. 
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

The book contained to many errors to be enjoyed. As a book reviewer I can’t ignore errors. I’m one of those people that wants to fix them. The cover is appealing and would make me choose the book just for that.

Return to “Discuss "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior”