Reconfigurement outside the US

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Re: Reconfigurement outside the US

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I think everybody in the world can benefit from the ideas in this book. The social security systems of different nations vary, some more so than others, but ultimately, what applies everywhere is that each person must be responsible for their own future. This book appears to be useful in giving the necessary tools.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Yes because this book contains generic advice, like taking career assessment test and emphasized research.

Now the part of the book that discusses taxation, I don’t think everyone would find it relatable. This book was eye-opening regardless.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Regardless of which countries' statistics were used in this book. I hold strongly that this book is for everyone. I read it myself, and I even got to learn a lot from it, I learned new things and buttressed old points.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I think individuals tend to disregard their future structures in several African nations. In actuality, many spend their entire lives focusing just on the present without considering their long-term objectives, regardless of the country.
Uriel David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uriel-david.html

Post by Uriel David »

Meenahhhh wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 08:15 The book is primarily written and addressed to readers who live in the United States. Could the lessons in the book be applied where you live? And how?
I think the lessons in this book can be applied in other countries other than the U.S because just like Americans, people outside the U.S build careers and eventually retire. All one needs is to know the policies in their country that will facilitate their planning for their golden years.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

This is an excellent question because I was wondering the same thing because I don't live in the United States. The book's contents, however, should really apply to everyone, no matter where they may be in life: planning, finding a job you love, having fun while doing it, and retiring. It makes no difference where you live.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Emerizx wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 13:24 In Nigeria, people tend not to pay attention to their future structuring. The truth of the matter irrespective of the country, people spend their entire life operating only on the present without thinking about their future goals.
Nigeria is also my country, and I agree with you. Financial planning is one of the play down things.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I believe every country has a working population. This made the content of this book suitable for countries outside the US too. All they just need to do is adopt the principle and tailor it to their situations.
Chinex Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinex-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chinex Otuokere »

I can already see how I can use this knowledge in my life because I understand the ideas in this book. We are all experiencing the same financial crisis and are concerned about the future, even though I do not reside in the United States. I think that everybody, no matter where they live, may benefit from this book. I can immediately see how I can use this information in the world I live in based on the sample I have read.

Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I believe the plans ad methods in this book can be used by people living outside the USA. People everywhere retire so it can be read by all.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

This is an excellent question because I was wondering the same thing because I don't live in the United States. The book's contents, however, should really apply to everyone, no matter where they may be in life: planning, finding a job you love, having fun while doing it, and retiring.
Samantha Calderon 1
Favorite Book: Dying Well
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-calderon-1.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Samantha Calderon 1 »

I think the lessons addressed in this book could be applied to places outside of the states. This is because of this book being about saving up for the future and eventually no matter where you live, you will need to stop working and continue to support yourself. The best course of action is relying on the money that you have saved up and using other lessons that have been learned in this book.
Cherrie Rosaldo
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Favorite Book: David's Sling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrie-rosaldo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Cherrie Rosaldo »

I think so because the principle still applies :D
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Any functioning economy, not only the United States, can benefit from the concepts in this book. Today, there is less emphasis on financial literacy; many retirees have no planning and are heavily reliant on their children. This is a means for them to improve.
Roderick Voss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

In some developing countries, I believe this book will be very useful. Even if the reader's country does not have a well-developed retirement plan, it will help them plan one for themselves.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”