The Greatest Lesson You Learned From the Book

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: The Greatest Lesson You Learned From the Book

Post by Meenahhhh »

The greatest lesson that I learned from the book was that working to earn an income does not need to be full of mystery. We have the option of picking a job that fits our unique personality.
Lauren_Lewis
Currently Reading: Beren and Lúthien
Bookshelf Size: 700
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-lewis.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Lauren_Lewis »

I think, for me, it would be that it truly doesn't matter which stage of your life you're at - it's never a bad time to start thinking about retirement and planning in advance is never a bad thing!
JR Stephen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-stephen.html
Latest Review: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow by P D Botha

Post by JR Stephen »

The greatest lesson I learned from the book is to plan ahead for my future even as I work. I also learned that there are various ways one can do this and the one that stood out for me the most is financial planning for my future.
Courtney-leigh Burgin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-leigh-burgin.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Courtney-leigh Burgin »

The greatest lesson you can learn from this book is planning ahead of time in terms of retirement. I think that planning ahead is effective and engaging for others to do as you can settle once you get to retirement age; however, I am a strong believer of having fun during your youth before life really kicks in and reality hits you and you do not find time to party or life life. This can have a negative effect and create regrets. Therefore, the best lesson you can take from this book is that planning retirement is great in small portions, as it allows you to live while young but also when you get to retirement age you are also able to spend quality time with your ready made family and friends. something you once did when you was younger that you are able to revisit.

I think that the book 'Reconfigurement' gives you many tips which help you to make decisions when it comes to planning retirement.
wilcoom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilcoom.html
Latest Review: Stress Test: How Donald Trump Threatens American Democracy by William Cooper

Post by wilcoom »

The most interesting thing I've learned from this book is that such type of information can include a humor. To be honest I was shocked.
Kenny1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny1997.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kenny1997 »

I learnt that it is never too late to plan. Yes, planning takes an extra effort, but it is the key to successful active living after retirement.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

That planning is important in your post retirement life. If your pension's not a lot, you should plan how to supplement it. If your pension is actually much, you should plan how to manage it.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

That planning is important in your post retirement life. If your pension's not a lot, you should plan how to supplement it. If your pension is actually much, you should plan how to manage it.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I discovered a lot from this book. 1) Everybody's experience with retirement is unique, and we all respond to it differently. 2) How to make life plans before I get old, among other things. I need to put more effort into working toward my retirement and planning for it.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I discovered a lot from this book. 1) Everybody's experience with retirement is unique, and we all respond to it differently. 2) How to make life plans before I get old, among other things. I need to put more effort into working toward my retirement and planning for it.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I've come to realize that everyone's experience with retirement is unique, and that everyone responds to it differently. More time must be dedicated to retirement preparation and retirement-related activities.
Bisola Adeleke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bisola-adeleke.html
Latest Review: My Brave Face by Heather Simpson

Post by Bisola Adeleke »

The greatest lesson I learned from this book is to plan. One should try to live on a budget, it really helps
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Did you know that the likelihood of having a disabling accident is 1 in 21, whereas the likelihood of having a home fire is 1 in 96? However, most people think only about fire and home insurance. If I hadn't read the book, neither would I have known that.

It also made me wonder what other things I should have taken important but been negligent on.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Amanda simmon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-simmon.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amanda simmon »

I think the key point that I took from this book is that the early you become intentional about your future and seek knowledge to make it better the higher the chances of achieving your dream life. There are many resources and websites that give informations and guides to be learned.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

I think the greatest lesson I learned from this book is that without planning, you have a lot of shocking situations awaiting you.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”