Reconfigurement outside the US

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Reconfigurement outside the US

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

Applying the nuggets in reconfigurement in Nigeria is difficult for the singular reason that the government does not make people-friendly policies. You may buy long-term stocks only to lose out the moment the government changes policy. :lol2:
Chinenye Sus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Post by Chinenye Sus »

I originally live in the US but recently moved, and I do not think it applies to where I live currently because the financial and economic system is totally different from than of the US.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

In my country there are not so many economic privileges and even less for the elderly. So, this book counts as an inspirational support for anyone who would like to undertake something more and be sure of it for old age.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Outside of the US, things are very different, especially in third world countries; However, this book provides some tips to find the purpose of each person's life, which is important to achieve the perfect activity to continue generating money without depending on government subsidy.
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

This is absolutely something I thought about throughout reading the book. I found the book very useful but as I don't live in the US I found some of the information irrelevant to me. I wish there was a version of this book written for different countries.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I don't think the lessons learned from this book, can be favorable in other countries. Cause the economy of the countries differs.
Christiana Legbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana-legbara.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Christiana Legbara »

Well, I'm from Nigeria. I can say that reconfigurement is not exactly the same here. But the idea is valid nonetheless
Christiana Legbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana-legbara.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Christiana Legbara »

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 17:30 From what I have read of the book, if you substitute the names for the methods of saving for retirement (e.g. 401k for company pension), it is still very applicable to the UK and I would have thought wider, although I appreciate different cultures have very different approaches. In general though, the points made can be read across and used for retirement planning outside of the US.
I agree. The retirement plan might not exactly be the same but the points made can be effective in other countries
NadiaBoateng
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadiaboateng.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by NadiaBoateng »

Reconfigurement is a great self help book, but we cannot deny that it is directed toward the citizens of America. In other countries, the mentality is different.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

This is an excellent question because I was wondering the same thing because I don't live in the United States. The book's contents, however, should really apply to everyone, no matter where they may be in life: planning, finding a job you love, having fun while doing it, and retiring.
Ignesta Ignetius
Currently Reading: A Dream for Peace
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignesta-ignetius.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Ignesta Ignetius »

The book is primarily for those living in the US, but it can also act as a guide for non US residents. It'll help people know the right questions to ask as regards financial planning polices in their country.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

This was a very good observation. while reading this book it It felt like the entire scope of this book applies mostly to the people from US and the US financial system. I wish the author had done more to accommodate a more border audience. However, lessons can be drived from this book irrespective of where u are from.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I’m a Spanish reader, and I live in UK. I highlighted that as well on my review of this book. Some of the chapters are dedicated to products that are available in US, or based in laws that are US laws or, sometimes, from specific US states.
Some non-US readers will read the book and they will find some of their concerns are not addressed when, for example, there is major cover about health insurance, but they have free health cover in their countries.
Still, I think this book can be useful for them, as it urges the reader to think about future, plan ahead, and plan for retirement. And those topics can be useful wherever you live.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”