Reconfigurement outside the US

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
IgnisRhapsody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignisrhapsody.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Reconfigurement outside the US

Post by IgnisRhapsody »

I would like a version in Spanish. In Latin America there is not much culture about retirement. People are deceived into thinking that the present is the only important thing and they forget to take care of their future. I think that such a book could be really useful and even very well received in Latin America.
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

Despite the book's concentration on Americans, those outside of the country may find it helpful. This book taught me a lot, and I'm going to put it to use.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

:techie-studyingbrown:
It is possible if the country has a similar work and social security structure like America. In addition, there are still many people around the world who are financial illiterates. The book may not serve as a blueprint to financial success for them but it would increase their knowledge, awaken their understanding and place them on their paths to financial freedom.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

It really doesn't work for most Nigerians here, especially with the huge gap between the rich and the masses. A lot do not even know about retirement plans, just surviving the day. It's useful for the young because we are the only ones that can still make adjustments.
Joseph Matimba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rudeus-greyrat.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Joseph Matimba »

The issues of planning ahead, retirement and the inadequate systems and institutions in place to help people do so are of global concern. So, while the book was penned to address the problem in America, the solutions can be adapted to any other place in the world and still work.
Kelsey Roy
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-roy.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Kelsey Roy »

Canadian economics and lifestyle is quite similar to the U.S., so I think the principles laid out in this book would still be helpful to Canadians planning their retirement and financial future. I do believe that Canadians care more about balance, with living and working, or saving and spending, than their American neighbors. However Canadians still need to be financially literate to set themselves up for retirement age.
reader ps
Currently Reading: Blue Collar Cash
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-ps.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by reader ps »

I believe that everybody in the world can benefit from the core ideas in this book. There is a problem with money all across the planet. Every person in every nation or community should have a budget before they spend any money. And this book is one step further in that direction.
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

It certainly may have applications outside the United States. But it affects the views of each one as an individual rather than the culture as a whole. A lesson can have an effect on anyone's life, as long as they benefit from it themselves and have some vision for their old age in case they need some financial independence.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

I don’t think it matters where you live everyone is affected by similar crisis. The geographic boarder is invisible to the naked eye, but when crossed we find out there is not to much of a difference.
Chinenye Sus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Chinenye Sus »

No, this cannot be applied everywhere. I think it is more applicable to developed countries. I have visited a lot of developing and under-developed countries and i can say for a fact that this is not applicable there.
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

The book carries an important universal message. It applies to me outside the US. I am in Africa. There are some concepts that may differ slightly or majorly with the African styles of doing things, but the bottom line still lands on the same message: put some money aside for the future (retirement). The major problem is that the cost of living is high in Africa, which may not encourage low-salary earners to save. Parents depend on their children when they grow old to take care of them financially. There is no other external body that can help financially without asking for something in return. Pensioners also get tired of asking for their money because of frustration or failed promises by the government or employers. The huge population growth also adds to the number of people not doing the kinds of jobs they love. But through consistency and self-discipline, money can be saved no matter how little or large. This is possible; we see people doing it daily. But this method is better suited for developed countries than developing countries. That doesn't mean it is not applicable to certain people in Africa. It is doable, but only under favourable conditions.
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:
queen anirah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-anirah.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by queen anirah »

I related to this book even though I’m not in the US. The challenges tackled in the book can inspire anybody. I learnt several lessons on finance and I can apply them to my life despite being outside the US.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

Marsha JJ wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 19:21 In addition to being applicable to those currently outside the U.S., reconfigurement could also include plans for U.S. citizens to consider an expat retirement strategy. Many people are considering options that may be outside of their own country due to various factors such as expense, weather, lifestyle, and health care options elsewhere. Then of course, there's the gelato in Italy to consider....
I completely agree. The plans outlined in the book should work for most countries.
it is what it is ....
Comfort Ansah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort-ansah.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort Ansah »

The author is based in the US and has thorough knowledge of how the financial system works. However, the insights in the book can be applied anywhere you are. Planning for your retirement, health insurance and life insurance are all things you can engage in all over the world. I believe all countries have retirement platforms through which individuals can engage in and invest for their future.
Alexis Kraus93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexis-kraus93.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alexis Kraus93 »

This book is helpful to people living outside the US. Dealing with the stress of a job you don't like, the daunting prospect of planning for retirement when you haven't even figured out your present situation, and the financial crisis affecting people from around the world. I found many helpful concepts and ideas in the book.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”