Reconfigurement outside the US

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Fome Ewhe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fome-ewhe.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Reconfigurement outside the US

Post by Fome Ewhe »

Reconfigurement is very much possible, but it is with respect to where you're from. So many of the policies mentioned in the book are things that don't exist where I'm from. The main take away was about budgeting, something everyone of every age should do, regardless of earning status and such. We can all make plans for the life we wish to have.
Horlarmidey Harkinolah
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-horlarmidey-harkinolah.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Horlarmidey Harkinolah »

I wondered the same thing when I started reading the book but I discovered that the rules applies anywhere in the world. Just find out the types of insurance available in your country of residence and work with them.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Post by Hager Salem »

Only the main Idea can be applied. the systems mentioned in the book doesn't apply in my country.
Ola Aina 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-aina-2.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ola Aina 2 »

Yes, it could be applied anywhere. This is because everyone works and everyone will get to old age. So it's applicable anywhere.
O-Brian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-o-brian.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by O-Brian »

Meenahhhh wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 08:15 The book is primarily written and addressed to readers who live in the United States. Could the lessons in the book be applied where you live? And how?
I have just started reading the book and I think the lessons can be applied by anyone anywhere. Just like Americans, people all over the world have careers or will have a career and eventually retire. This book addresses how to plan for retirement so as to have a fulfilling life when this time comes. I believe any person, no matter their country can benefit from reading this work.
Ruthhagar Tsikata
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Alpaca In The Backa’ My Car
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthhagar-tsikata.html

Post by Ruthhagar Tsikata »

I was thinking about that whiles reading the book as most of the policies aren't working in my country which is so unfortunate and most people are really suffering in their retirement age especially when they have less knowledge about reconfiguring their future but irrespective of that I would apply the ones applicable and invest into my future
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Post by Akshi Porwal »

I feel most of the more helpful ones can only be applied to the USA, but few general ones like finding your likes in a career can be universal.
Eruore Ekpoh
Favorite Book: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eruore-ekpoh.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Eruore Ekpoh »

The lessons learned from this book are also applicable in my country. Where I come from, financial literacy is not prominent enough. This book would help individuals to research various platforms that will be beneficial in improving one's finances.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

I do not think the principles in the book could be applied where I live. For one thing, I have never as much as heard of a 401k in Nigeria!
MAUREEN WAMBUI NJUKI
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maureen-wambui-njuki.html
Latest Review: Praesidium by McKinley Aspen

Post by MAUREEN WAMBUI NJUKI »

The book has a lot of information focused mainly on the United States audience. However, for me, that didn't take away the value of the book. I was able to contextualize several concepts discussed in the book, such as investment options such as mutual funds, treasury bills, and treasury securities, because generally, they're the same as what we have in Kenya, only that they might have different rates. Also, I contextualized concepts such as 401(K), Roth IRA, and Medicare, which are popular in the U.S., to what we have in Kenya as NSSF and NHIF. Overall, the ideas discussed in the book are not limited to readers living in the U.S.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Grace Kariuki N wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 10:49 From the sample I have read, it is already possible for me to see how I can apply this information in my life. Even if I don't live in the U.S, we are all going through the same financial crisis and we all wonder about the future. I believe this book can help anyone no matter where you live.
Umi Siren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umi-siren.html

Post by Umi Siren »

Still halfway through the book but I find it very interesting and helpful indeed. Although it speaks about people in the US, I think the main ideas and structure can be applied anywhere around the world.
Khasheem
Currently Reading: Prince of Fools
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khasheem.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Khasheem »

The overall message of the book is helpful to all people, I think. Planning for retirement and old age, as well as finding good careers and having a good life, is important irrespective of where you live. The ideology behind reconfigurement is useful to all. The specificities and the details themselves, I had trouble understanding because I have no idea how the US works. Applying that to my own life directly will be a bit hard, but I'm trying to find similar alternatives in my country.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Post by Mayang Bature »

Even for those outside the US, reconfigurement can be applied as well. I don't live in the US but I can see how it's applicable to me. The main thing is just to plan, regardless of where you live
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

It can be used outside of the US. This knowledge is applicable to my life. We are all experiencing the same financial crisis and are concerned about the future, even though I do not reside in the United States. I think that everybody, no matter where they live, may benefit from this book.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”