Reconfigurement outside the US

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Smart Favour
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smart-favour.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Re: Reconfigurement outside the US

Post by Smart Favour »

I believe that Canadian culture and thought processes are rather similar to those of Americans.
Those of us in the North will undoubtedly benefit from this!
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

Grace Kariuki N wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 10:49 From the sample I have read, it is already possible for me to see how I can apply this information in my life. Even if I don't live in the U.S, we are all going through the same financial crisis and we all wonder about the future. I believe this book can help anyone no matter where you live.
I personally concur with you.
The lessons, ideas, and information i got from this book will go a long way me and those who live outside the US.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

For me, I am not a resident in the U.S. However, I strongly believe that the principles and ideas stated in this book cuts through race and geographical location. One can apply these irrespective of his/her location.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

The principles discussed in this book definitely apply in my country. Career and retirement planning discussed in the book are similar to those in my country with only slight differences, so I think this book is universally relevant.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The government and private sector programs may be specific to the US. But the lessons are helpful. The questions in the book are useful in giving directions to plan ahead. The information is a head start to checking the available programs in your locality. The strategies can be customized depending on your circumstances. From there, you can make plans suitable to your goals.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I believe the principles in this book can also be applied outside the US. People also work in other countries, and they need to retire and also plan for it.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
just_joy
Currently Reading: The Story Of...
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-just-joy.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by just_joy »

Meenahhhh wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 08:15 The book is primarily written and addressed to readers who live in the United States. Could the lessons in the book be applied where you live? And how?
America is a superpower country,I even wonder why they don't like their jobs yet outside the US people fight their way to atleast get those good paying jobs
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

Yes I believe some lessons from this book can be applied where I live. Overall, I think the knowledge of how to properly plan and save for one's retirement so as to not be subject to the government policies alone can be applied anywhere.
princejal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princejal.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by princejal »

While this book did have some US specific information, such as the talks on the 401k and the pension advice, I feel most of what was passed across to us by the author could be applied in any country as the core message is still the same.
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Frank Mutuma »

Here in Kenya people barely focus on retirement. I guess this is because of the high poverty rates. But I think the concept of the book can be applied here especially by those employed
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

To an extent yes, but it's not very practical where I live. Over here's, there's a general believe to live in the now and take life as it comes. Also, there aren't many options available for retirement planning.
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

Financial planning and literacy issues are the same world-over. The specifics may have been suited for US residents, but I believe most concepts in this book apply also to people in other countries.
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

The book will be very helpful for people where I come from. I come from Africa where people work and are even poor till they die.i believe the knowledge in the book will be of great help and encourage people to do things in a different and better way.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

I agree that the majority of this book is relatable and can be applied to an international audience. Especially if certain parts such as 402k are substituted to apply to non US citizens. Also, the idea of finding the right balance between living in the present and planning for the future should be done by everyone regardless of social status or residency because the benefits outweigh the costs, just as it's explained in the book.
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Eze Michael »

Yes. The contents and principles of this book can be applied in my country. I do not live within the United States, but I believe that financial crisis is a universal issue. Therefore, the principles that the author mentioned can be relatively applied in my country.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”