Favorite quote from "Reconfigurement"

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Re: Favorite quote from "Reconfigurement"

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

The passage where he talks about the yin and yang is my favorite quotation. The yin/yuan, in my opinion, stands for good and evil. It was intriguing to view it from the standpoint of danger, suffering, and opportunity. It offers the meaning a completely different viewpoint.
Uriel David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uriel-david.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Uriel David »

WriteOn wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 11:50
In a small village in rural Afghanistan, there lived a poor but wise farmer. One day his horse ran away. His neighbors came by to offer their sympathy, saying “what a terrible misfortune.” But the wise old farmer simply scuffed his feet in the soil and said “perhaps.” The next day the missing horse returned, leading an entire herd of beautiful wild horses. The neighbors came to celebrate, saying “how wonderful.” All the wise farmer said is, “perhaps.” And the next day, the farmer's only son went to tame one of the wild horses. In the process, he broke his leg. The neighbors all came by to commiserate, saying “how awful,” and again, the wise farmer only said, “perhaps.”

The next day, the forces of the local warlord came down to forcibly impress all the young men of the village and lead them to war, but because of his fractured leg, the farmer's son was left behind. Again, the neighbors came by to offer congratulations, but all the wise farmer said was, “perhaps.” The moral of this two-sided story is that all situations, no matter how terrible they appear on surface, have within them the seeds and the potential for good.

Sorry it's so long, but I think the above is just such a wonderful combination of wise words and humour. It made me laugh but also think deeply about the moral it contains. Using that story was a great way to communicate something important to the reader. It's too good to forget. In the OBC interview with E. Alan Fleischauer he discloses how having a mild stroke helped him access his ability to write. He was able to see the potential for good within his own misfortune, so is sharing genuinely helpful advice.
This little story perfectly showed the wisdom of being open-minded. From adversity something good could arise, and vise versa. With this mentality, the farmer did not feel conered when he was faced with difficulties, a mentality we should adopt.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

My favorite quote where the author talk about ' you have the go-go years, the slo-go years, and the no-go years, really got me thinking. I find it important to in corporate traveling in our lives.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Mehak_mattoo6 wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 01:34 My favourite quote has to be "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel." People always wait around for the right opportunity and due to this, they lose their precious time.
"Waiting for the perfect time...", I agree with your point, there is no perfect time, like that.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

My favourite quote is "If you want to live the life that resonates deep within you, it’s time to stand up for yourself and use Reconfigurement financial planning to pursue your dreams."
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

My favorite quote in the book is from Winston Churchill: "Broadly speaking, human beings may be divided into three classes: those who are toiled to death, those who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death." I believe this quote supports the book's idea perfectly.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I'm going to say Winston Churchill saying , "Human beings are divided into three classes: those who toiled to death, those who worry to death, and those who are bored to death."
Samantha Calderon 1
Favorite Book: Dying Well
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-calderon-1.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Samantha Calderon 1 »

After reading this book I find myself remembering different memorable parts of the book. There is this one quote by Winston Churchill that goes along the lines of "Broadly speaking, human beings may be divided into three classes: those who are toiled to death, those who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death." I like this quote because I found it funny and true as it can be applied to all of our lives. I personally feel like I will be a part of the third class, but I will try to be a forth class. Those who are happy to death, or enjoyed the most out of life.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

“The only thing that travels faster than light is your weekend” was my favorite quote.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

AvishaJain_13 wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 03:07 "All situations, no matter how terrible they appear on surface, have within them the seeds and the potential for good."
This sounds like a basic quote but sometimes the simplest stuff helps the most
Yes, I agree with you reading this part of the book where he talked about his father and his son and how every bad thing that happened to the son ended up favoring him from joining a war. Surely all situations, no matter how bad, have within them the seed of good.
Roderick Voss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

My favorite quote from this book was that of Winston Churchill: "Broadly speaking, human beings may be divided into three classes: those who are toiled to death, those who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death."
tanisha12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanisha12.html
Latest Review: Backcomb & Tattoo by Shea R Embry

Post by tanisha12 »

From the book, my favourite quote is "...don't lose sight of the fact that, regardless of your age, you are truly unique... no one has the life you lead, life desires and hopes like yours."
Although the book speaks about reconfigurement, in terms of financial planning, this quote resonated with me because it is applicable to all aspects of life. Regardless of my financial position or any other aspect of myself and my life, I am truly unique.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

My favorite quote is “You have go-go years, slo-go years, and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel.” I find it quite interesting and helpful.
Christiana Legbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana-legbara.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Christiana Legbara »

I would say all the quotes? They were the highlights of the book
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Winston Churchill said, "Broadly speaking, human beings may be divided into three classes: those who are toiled to death, those who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death." This was my favorite quote from the book. This quotation appeals to me because it aptly illustrates the author's thesis about how people's lives may be rearranged and molded as well as the necessity of a turning point in everyone's life.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”