Favorite quote from "Reconfigurement"

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Re: Favorite quote from "Reconfigurement"

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

"As you begin to plan ahead, don’t lose sight of the fact that, regardless of your age, you’re truly unique. There’s no one like you, even if you’re a twin. No one has the life you lead, life desires and hopes like yours"👌👌👌👌❤️
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Aarya Gondkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarya-gondkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Aarya Gondkar »

The 'Ying-Yang' concept gets me everytime. It was mentioned in this book too. I think it is a beautiful term since we all have good and bad and the world can never function fully black and white.
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."-roald dahl
Rohit Khanna
Currently Reading: Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohit-khanna.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rohit Khanna »

You have the go-go years, the slo-go years, and the no-go years: this quote seemed pretty interesting and made me think a lot. In my opinion, corporate travel should be a significant part of our life.
Okafor David Okechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-david-okechukwu.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Okafor David Okechukwu »

Nwaka Chukwuemeka wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 13:42 My favorite quotes are yin and yuan and the go-go years, the slo-go years, and the no-go year's.
From my perspective I see yin and yuan as rise and fall. These two quotes kept me thinking trying to picture the complete meaning of these quotes.
I rather enjoyed the yin and yuan quote
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

Siphesihle Prince wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 04:37 It's a bit long, but I really enjoyed it.
"Let me share with you a brief, two-sided story. In a small village in rural Afghanistan, there lived a poor but wise farmer. One day his horse ran away. His neighbors came by to offer their sympathy, saying “What a terrible misfortune.” But the wise old farmer simply scuffed his feet in the soil and said “Perhaps.” The next day, the missing horse returned, leading an entire herd of beautiful wild horses. The neighbors came to celebrate, saying “How wonderful.” All the wise farmer said was “Perhaps.” The next day, the farmer's only son went to tame one of the wild horses. In the process, he broke his leg. The neighbors all came by to commiserate, saying “How awful,” and again, the wise farmer only said, “Perhaps.” The next day, the forces of the local warlord came down to forcibly impress all the young men of the village and lead them to war, but because of his fractured leg, the farmer's son was left behind. Again, the neighbors came by to offer congratulations, but all the wise farmer said was, “Perhaps.” The moral of this two-sided story is that all situations, no matter how terrible they appear on surface, have within them the seeds and the potential for good."
I enjoyed this one too, this was my favorite quote and story. The lesson in it is remarkable, it's important to look at life from both sides of coin and that's what the farmer did. That's my approach to life now.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

In a small village in rural Afghanistan, there lived a poor but wise farmer. One day his horse ran away. His neighbors came by to offer their sympathy, saying “what a terrible misfortune.” But the wise old farmer simply scuffed his feet in the soil and said “perhaps.” The next day the missing horse returned, leading an entire herd of beautiful wild horses. The neighbors came to celebrate, saying “how wonderful.” All the wise farmer said is, “perhaps.” And the next day, the farmer's only son went to tame one of the wild horses. In the process, he broke his leg. The neighbors all came by to commiserate, saying “how awful,” and again, the wise farmer only said, “perhaps.”

The next day, the forces of the local warlord came down to forcibly impress all the young men of the village and lead them to war, but because of his fractured leg, the farmer's son was left behind. Again, the neighbors came by to offer congratulations, but all the wise farmer said was, “perhaps.” The moral of this two-sided story is that all situations, no matter how terrible they appear on surface, have within them the seeds and the potential for good.
This is my favorite quote from the book, as it tells so much in such simple words that whatever happens, there will be good in it for you. It's the story equivalent of "every dark cloud has a silver lining."
Cherrie Rosaldo
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Favorite Book: David's Sling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrie-rosaldo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Cherrie Rosaldo »

“Broadly speaking, human beings may be divided into three classes: those who are toiled to death, those who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death.” – Winston Churchill
Horlarmidey Harkinolah
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-horlarmidey-harkinolah.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Horlarmidey Harkinolah »

My favorite quote is "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel."

The importance of work-life balance is explained here. There will be a point in life when we can't party the way we want, we can't visit on long distances and a time when we can't work the way we want. The importance of planning early cannot be overemphasized.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

Marsha JJ wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 19:13 What's your favorite quote or quotes from "Reconfigurement"? My favorite so far is "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel."
- I appreciate this idea because I believe in the strategy of integrating travel throughout your life, not waiting until you retire.
I actually agree with you on this one. I don't like to see life as a race, I believe we should stop occasionally to ask ourselves where we stand and why we are doing what we're doing. We don't have to be achieving all the time.
Ruthhagar Tsikata
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Alpaca In The Backa’ My Car
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthhagar-tsikata.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ruthhagar Tsikata »

"Broadly speaking human beings may be divided into three classes: those who are toiled to death, those who are worried to death and those who are bored to death." Quote by Winston Churchill
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nweze-raalchukwu1.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nweze Raalchukwu1 »

"Treat your body like it belongs to someone you love"
I really loved this quote.
Kenny1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny1997.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kenny1997 »

“No matter how terrible situations might appear, it has within them the seed and potential for good”
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I'm happy to say that Winston Churchill's quote from this book was my favorite: "Broadly speaking, human beings may be divided into three classes: those who toil to death, those who worry to death, and those who are bored to death." This quote appeals to me because it perfectly supports the author's idea of reconfiguring and molding people's lives, as well as the importance of a turning point in anyone's life.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

My favorite quote from the book, though a bit morbid, is, “The odds that you’ll have a disabling accident: one out of 21. The chance that you’ll have a fire in your home: 1 out of 96.”

That was eye-opening for me. People are more likely to get fire insurance than a disability insurance.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Pauline Parnell wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 18:51 My favourite quote is the one by Winston Churchill " Human beings are divided into three class of people: those who toiled to death, those who are worried to death and those who are bored to death."
Yeah yeah... This Quote got me thinking a lot.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”