Favorite quote from "Reconfigurement"

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Favorite quote from "Reconfigurement"

Post by Huini Hellen »

Marsha JJ wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 19:13 What's your favorite quote or quotes from "Reconfigurement"? My favorite so far is "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel."
- I appreciate this idea because I believe in the strategy of integrating travel throughout your life, not waiting until you retire.
The "Ying-Yang" concept is what intrigued me most. That there's so much good in the world, yet we shouldn't be carried away to forget the bad that characterizes this world. Ours is a balanced world and the focus should be on what helps us move forward and appreciate the goodness while staying strong for the bad.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

Marsha JJ wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 19:13 What's your favorite quote or quotes from "Reconfigurement"? My favorite so far is "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel."
- I appreciate this idea because I believe in the strategy of integrating travel throughout your life, not waiting until you retire.
This has to also be my favorite quote in the book. It took a very long time before I could understand the go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. I am currently in the go-go years.
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

My favorite quote is “You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel.” I find this quite helpful as it lets me know that it's not only by traveling I can enjoy my life.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

i relate to this quote on an entirely different level
Human beings are divided into three class of people: those who toiled to death, those who are worried to death and those who are bored to death."
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

Andrada Madalina wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 06:15 My favorite quote from this book was that of Winston Churchill: "Broadly speaking, human beings may be divided into three classes: those who are toiled to death, those who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death." I like this quote because it perfectly supports the author's idea of reconfiguring and molding people's lives and the need for a turning point in anyone's life.
Apart from the quote about the Go-Go years, this one really stuck with me. I saw it from a different perspective, though. It showed our different approaches to life and what it brings.
Beverly_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Beverly_Reads »

The quote that really got me should be Churchill's quote on the three kinds of people. "....the ones who toil to death, the ones who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death" I mean, I started wondering where I fit in.
let_it_read
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-let-it-read.html
Latest Review: Wonks by William Reese Hamilton

Post by let_it_read »

This is actually the most motivational quote I saw in the book. Because it shows all the possible phases we could face during our career, it's not always a good time.
SnowStorm244
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Courageous
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowstorm244.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by SnowStorm244 »

Mrs D O wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 11:50
In a small village in rural Afghanistan, there lived a poor but wise farmer. One day his horse ran away. His neighbors came by to offer their sympathy, saying “what a terrible misfortune.” But the wise old farmer simply scuffed his feet in the soil and said “perhaps.” The next day the missing horse returned, leading an entire herd of beautiful wild horses. The neighbors came to celebrate, saying “how wonderful.” All the wise farmer said is, “perhaps.” And the next day, the farmer's only son went to tame one of the wild horses. In the process, he broke his leg. The neighbors all came by to commiserate, saying “how awful,” and again, the wise farmer only said, “perhaps.”

The next day, the forces of the local warlord came down to forcibly impress all the young men of the village and lead them to war, but because of his fractured leg, the farmer's son was left behind. Again, the neighbors came by to offer congratulations, but all the wise farmer said was, “perhaps.” The moral of this two-sided story is that all situations, no matter how terrible they appear on surface, have within them the seeds and the potential for good.

That is my favorite quote, because it shows that something that seemed bad at the time turned out to be a blessing further on.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

There were many interesting quotes in this book. here's my favourite "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel." Makes one ponder upon life and how long you have to stay.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Fay faith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fay-faith.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Fay faith »

Throughout the book, my favorite quote was "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. This quote was provacative and stimulated my reasoning in a way.
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

Ohna Martin wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 05:26 I like the part where he speaks about the yin and yuan. I've always been taught that the yin/yuan represents good and evil. It was interesting to see it from a perspective where it represented danger/pain and opportunity. It gives the meaning a whole new perspective.
I couldn't agree less.
Learnt something new about yin and yuan being pain and opportunity.
just_joy
Currently Reading: The Story Of...
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-just-joy.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by just_joy »

Ohna Martin wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 05:26 I like the part where he speaks about the yin and yuan. I've always been taught that the yin/yuan represents good and evil. It was interesting to see it from a perspective where it represented danger/pain and opportunity. It gives the meaning a whole new perspective.
I liked that part too.I can't believe i even shared it during public speaking at our school
princejal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princejal.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by princejal »

The Churchill one to be honest. This is not just because he's a famous man lol but I connected with the idea of some of us are "bored to death" as up until recently that used to be me.
Ol Yinks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ol-yinks.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ol Yinks »

My favourite quote in the book is "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel."
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

My favorite quote is:human beings are divided into three classes of people, those who toiled to death, those who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death. this quotation has always been a great help for me to make rational decisions about myself and stand in life.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”