Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Post by Ruthwriter »

I think this book is written for me. I was not told anything about money, how it works and the family responsibility that lay ahead. my parents just say, go to school and you will be ok. I never knew the task ahead is more than what they thought. I appreciate a book like this that exposes that reality.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

This is a highly relatable topic since all of us need an income to survive, just like the book says at the beginning. Having a stable income is the foundation upon where the rest of financial planning and retirement planning comes from. And with more knowledge about these things, the better the outcome. That is why books like this one are invaluable and need to be shared more so that we can all benefit and prosper.
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

The guidance in this book is in line with a few things that I have been considering recently - is it not possible for us to change the financial situation of the next generation by managing our finances more wisely? Best to consider this as soon as possible, no matter what your age.
Ivan Mukaaga
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-mukaaga.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ivan Mukaaga »

That’s why I think this book will have an international appeal. The world is filled with people who don’t mind living their families to go and look for money even abroad. My question has always been; what matters most? family or money. Can’t these people get something small to do at home and they don’t sacrifice their families?
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

There is life after higher education. There is life that must not end up in government jobs or even in salaried employment. Think.
Babalola Oluseyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babalola-oluseyi.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Babalola Oluseyi »

I come from a country where everyone hustles, and if you aren't or you're failing at it, you're viewed as lazy and spoilt. So I understand exactly what you're saying. The only difference is my pressure comes from society. This book made me rethink all of that and drop some of the toxic approaches I had towards employment.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

[amazon=][/amazon]

I wish I had found financial books like this earlier in my life, say 2013. My retirement plan would be so huge by now. This book will help anyone make the best out of their jobs and find a balance to living a full life. Not quite joining the rat race or being left behind in the financial success lounge...
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

You are right! We, youngsters, no longer worry about the passion of working for what you want. We just want to make ends meet. This book can be a guide to a lot of us.
Eriikeoluwa Nimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriikeoluwa-nimi.html
Latest Review: The Three Heavens by Paul Hitchiner

Post by Eriikeoluwa Nimi »

I love the basic theme of this book as it addresses Finance, retirement and all. This book is very very essential for everyone who wants to live fulfilled after retirement. It won't be fun to go stranded after retirement.
reader ps
Currently Reading: Blue Collar Cash
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-ps.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by reader ps »

I believe that this book offers a fresh perspective and a way to move toward better retirement, planning, and job decisions. I've always felt that a pension is sufficient to allow retirees to enjoy their later years. After finishing this book, I understood how my perspective is wrong and how badly I need to improve my planning.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Post by Hager Salem »

I can totally relate to what you're feeling. We all went through this phase, and I'm glad you could find some help through the book.
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

The idea behind the book is outstanding because it has many benefits that the reader can benefit from. It not only manages to influence but also supports a financially independent future. If you are young, you don't realize how this can help you in the future, not knowing if it will be a fact. Аctually, the future is a fact, and you reach a point where your savings play a huge role in your independence for peaceful days.
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

It teaches a very vital lesson: to intensify saving or putting some money aside. By the time one reaches retirement age, a sufficient amount of money should have been set aside or invested.The major concern of elderly people, apart from having enough money to spend on their food, medication, or checkup, in my opinion, is the right care or companionship; someone to talk to or who will just listen to their many life experiences.

The major fears that usually tear families apart, especially husband and wife, are the huge bills and lack of funds to service the bills.

This book majorly addresses the fears and reminds readers why they should focus on working happily, not to be a slave to money/work. However, you must enjoy your work and earn well in order to have a secure future with little financial stress.
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

For me, it has only been about making efforts to make sure the basic needs of the family are being met, but I haven't given it a thought that one day I will get retired, and that's what this Book has gelped me out with.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

For me, it has only been about making efforts to make sure the basic needs of the family are being met, but I haven't given it a thought that one day I will get retired, and that's what this Book has gelped me out with.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”