Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Mbali Qalinge
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: He
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbali-qalinge.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Re: Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Post by Mbali Qalinge »

I'm a young person about to enter the working world, and I'm already feeling the pressure of being a breadwinner and making sacrifices to provide for my family. That's not how I want to live my life, though. I want to enjoy what I do in my career and indulge in the things that I want, so being financially intelligent is a must for me. Reconfigurement is a helpful book for all of us young people.
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nwoko E »

I must agree that every young person has worried and struggled with the thought of what the future holds especially as it concerns future employment and sustainable but this book offers a path of hope where all can discover a new sense of direction and zeal.
Jackie Kook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jackie-kook.html
Latest Review: Souljourner by Paul Steven Stone

Post by Jackie Kook »

Yasmine M wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 05:24 I am glad I found this book before retiring; however I wish I had found it sooner, when I was younger.
Indeed the lessons in this book should be taught to youngsters at the beginning of their careers. They should navigate employment and pick their careers carefully, keeping in mind that the actual system (pension, 401k) might not fully support them financially later on.
I am in complete agreement with you on this. After making a huge change mid-career, I've found myself more fulfilled yet for less take-home pay. While that is very frustrating, as my levels of education and experience have not changed, it has made a significant difference in my happiness. Sometimes I feel like that person on the mountaintop, just giving a big hug to the world!
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

F N Chamomile wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 18:27 I'm glad this book helps you with your current issues. In my case, it's more about pressure, especially from my parents. There is always this haunting thought that I have to meet their expectations and achieve something greater than my siblings. I think this book can help people figure out what actually matters to them, rather than focusing on external standard.
I'm excited you found succor from this book.
I have a distant friend who has the same challenge with you. I will recommend this book to him.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

This book will definitely go a long way in helping me with career planning and retirement.. As a youth, this advice could not have come at more appropriate moment than this, and I feel the wisdom outlayed in this book will be very helpful to my current situation.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

What would you love to do?
What are you really good at?
Can you make enough money doing it?
How much money is enough?
How do you transition into your new career?
How long will it take?

Fleischauer, E. Alan (2022-06-28T22:58:59). Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead. Kindle Edition.
Above are questions from the book that are relatable regardless of age or phase of career you are currently at. I agree with the book that they are complex questions. But I appreciate that they give a sense of direction.
Emma Lamoureux
Currently Reading: Make Your Bed
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma-lamoureux.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Emma Lamoureux »

I cannot wait to read this book after looking through all of these comments. I have struggled transitioning from a dependent to an adult in the real world, and I think this book will really help navigate it. Finding a job and knowing how to decipher what jobs will suit you is incredibly scary and something I don't really know much about. Thank you for all your comments that led me to want to read this book so badly.
just_joy
Currently Reading: The Story Of...
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-just-joy.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by just_joy »

F N Chamomile wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 18:27 I'm glad this book helps you with your current issues. In my case, it's more about pressure, especially from my parents. There is always this haunting thought that I have to meet their expectations and achieve something greater than my siblings. I think this book can help people figure out what actually matters to them, rather than focusing on external standard.
[/quote

Pressure from family and friends can make one go crazy and at the end of the day lose focus on what is important .The book is like a lesson on how to begin the journey and make it
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

A really inspiring book. It really can help young people navigate the challenges transisting from school to work.
Kieran Anslow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-anslow.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kieran Anslow »

It is good to know that this book will and can help youngsters like me to avoid mistakes that our predecessors made. The perspective of the author will go a long way to help me in streamlining my path.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

The first and most important lesson is that you can have success and joy by working beyond the age of 65. Even in the case you are well of, have money in the bank and a good retirement plan, for health reasons it's more convenient to work a few more years, as long as you aren't ill.
Comfort44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort44.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort44 »

I really enjoyed the fact that this book offers suggestions on how well to pan for our future as youths and go about our goals.
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by TusharJoshi »

The book is most suitable for individuals struggling to find a better place in terms of employment. Understanding oneself is one of the best ways to find both- happiness and the best job there is!
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

Yasmine M wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 05:24 I am glad I found this book before retiring; however I wish I had found it sooner, when I was younger.
Indeed the lessons in this book should be taught to youngsters at the beginning of their careers. They should navigate employment and pick their careers carefully, keeping in mind that the actual system (pension, 401k) might not fully support them financially later on.
I share your feeling, although I am in my 30's I also wish I had come across this book years ago, it would have helped me make smart decisions in all my previous jobs. So this is quite a useful item to navigate employment from a more effective standpoint. Many of the author's approaches have helped me to have a more effective and projected vision to generate positive impacts going forward.
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I'm glad this book addresses your concerns. I do not think I could have found this book at a better time. Learning from the mistakes of those who went ahead is vital to leading a better life, and this book gives me that chance.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”