Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Re: Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Post by Mayang Bature »

Sally77motors wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 23:51 Yeah, it's true.
In opinion this book is not for adults who are 30 and above as the author said because this book can help the younger generation to avoid mistakes made by our predecessors. One can easily navigate employments by employing the information provided by the author in this book and make outstanding decisions when it comes to their jobs. And jobs don't have to be energy absolving, thereby leaving us empty but rather we get to enjoy our jobs.

Yes, I agree. Although this book is not aimed specifically towards young people, it does contain lessons for them.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I have to admit that this book gives me a fresh perspective and a way to navigate toward better retirement, planning, and work decisions. I believe the book will be useful to me in planning for my future job choices.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

Every book has a feature that makes it intriguing and special. This book offers readers fresh insights on life in general and offers inspiration in the workplace.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Well this book did put employment in positive, happy-go-lucky light. I especially liked the author’s advice concerning career assessment test. We should not be stuck doing something we do not like.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Navigating Employment... This is one thing this book helped me with. Going through each page, I became more concrete with the career path I wanted to create for myself. I will prefer to work happily and with fulfillment than otherwise.
Uriel David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uriel-david.html

Post by Uriel David »

makayla makhumalo wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 13:06 As a student the most daunting questions have always been:
where do we go after this ?
how do we navigate all of this?
What do i aspire to be ?
Is any of this going to make me happy?
With my background working has never been about happiness , joy in the workplace was not a realistic goal. Working and figuring out what to do with ones career was meant to be a meaningless and painful transaction one had to take part in to keep afloat, having a self employed father and a mother who did her uttermost best to make ends meet some how made things incredibly worse as income had to be something one had to sacrifice absolutely everything for even fundamental things like spending time with family .So with that my dad never spent much time at home nor did my mom ,which lead to misery , neglection and daddy issues .
honestly everything that could have gone wrong went wrong and knowing that one day i would have to be employed and financially stable enough to not only take care of myself but take care of other people as well became this increasingly overwhelming thing .The thought loomed over me for the rest of my life and so i spent most of my time wondering how i would break free from this toxic cycle my parents and previous generations had put us in by not adequately educating themselves and their children on the matters this book tackles .I am glad to have found this book and the newly found sense of direction that came with it.
I remember, back in school, we were told to build a career on what we love. I, however, was more money and prestige-minded. Things haven't turned out as I had envisioned. This book reiterates what I was told back then and, from the reasons given, it is very right. Building a career on what we enjoy doing ensures fulfillment.
Uriel David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uriel-david.html

Post by Uriel David »

Esther Aaton wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 23:51 Yeah, it's true.
In opinion this book is not for adults who are 30 and above as the author said because this book can help the younger generation to avoid mistakes made by our predecessors. One can easily navigate employments by employing the information provided by the author in this book and make outstanding decisions when it comes to their jobs. And jobs don't have to be energy absolving, thereby leaving us empty but rather we get to enjoy our jobs.
Agreed. While it talks of a fulfilling, stress-free golden age, it is all about planning. And the earlier the better. So, it is a good starting point in choosing ones career.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

My financial planning has benefited greatly from the knowledge I've gained from this book, which has also helped me cope with the pressures and anxieties that come with worrying about my future career and income. I feel more at ease and have a clearer sense of direction thanks to the book's different pieces of guidance and counsel. Well done.
James Fx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fx.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by James Fx »

That’s true. Growing up, I’ve had my Mo d set Amon a particular line of study, but life happened. It got me scared if I’m doing the right thing or not. I like how this novel opened my eyes to a lot of possibilities.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

I concur that this book offers a fresh perspective and navigation to help readers choose wisely when it comes to employment, planning, and retirement. I believe the book will be beneficial to me in my own career planning in order to avoid needless frustration.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

This book has helped me deal with the pressures and anxiety that come with thinking about future income and employment. The advice and directions that are written in this book have helped to put my mind at rest and give me directions about my spending.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I Agree with you. I had that fear too when I was about to graduate. The rate at which senior colleagues I knew where unemployed increased my fear. Perhaps if I had read this book then I would have knew better. This book is a good read for young adults facing the same.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I wholeheartedly concur with you that this book offers a fresh perspective and a way to navigate toward better retirement, planning, and work decisions. I believe the book will be useful to me in planning out my future job options.
Samantha Calderon 1
Favorite Book: Dying Well
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-calderon-1.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Samantha Calderon 1 »

I agree, this book has helped me answer the great questions in my life that have put off. I feel that this book is not just for the older generation but could be applied to any generation since your are never to young to start preparing for your future. After reading this I now know that I need my own personal insurance and I will seriously find a career path that I will enjoy and not just focus on the money aspect of the job. And knowing all this I will be happier.
Ekuma Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekuma-blessing.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekuma Blessing »

I acknowledge that this book offers a new perspective and a roadmap for making wise decisions about employment, planning, and retirement. This book changed the way I think about how I can genuinely plan for my future career options and status in life.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”