Be Proactive not Reactive!

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Be Proactive not Reactive!

Post by Gerry Steen »

Often, in our busy routines, we do not take the time to plan for the unplanned. We have been told to make a will to benefit our children, to get a financial advisor to help put all of our eggs in a row before retirement, and to look into various insurance options to cover unforeseen calamities. Why do we delay? In my personal life, I was fortunate to have done all of the above. But, I did delay doing these things for years and I shudder to think, what if I had not done these things on time? What if a calamity changed my life and the lives of my loved ones without being prepared? So, I guess it is never too late unless it is too late already. Take some time. Read this book. Plan ahead. Be happy!
Zee Parrott
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Reconfigurement
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zee-parrott.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Zee Parrott »

I totally agree. It took me a while to learn the various elements of financial planning, preparing for retirement, health issues, investments, will, insurance for health and special care. The book is an eye opener and I see how one can get overwhelmed. But yes, be proactive, not reactive because a little planning or professional advise can save us from going broke and begging friends and family for help if something bad was to happen. Life is difficult enough as most people live paycheck to paycheck and lack basic savings for emergencies. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Zee Parrott wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 05:31 I totally agree. It took me a while to learn the various elements of financial planning, preparing for retirement, health issues, investments, will, insurance for health and special care. The book is an eye opener and I see how one can get overwhelmed. But yes, be proactive, not reactive because a little planning or professional advise can save us from going broke and begging friends and family for help if something bad was to happen. Life is difficult enough as most people live paycheck to paycheck and lack basic savings for emergencies. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!
Zee, you have the gist of the book. The first step is to stop procrastinating. Thank you for your comments. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”