Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
sremmurd
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Post by sremmurd »

The book is fascinating and generally enjoyable to read . The tenacious young man whose pursuit of social justice had unforeseen consequences for his personal life, set against the backdrop of the protest phase of the early 1970s. Steve Logan, along with tens of thousands of other college students across America, protests the Vietnam War and the government in the spring of 1970.
Eniola24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eniola24.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Eniola24 »

I absolutely commend Steve's grit and zeal to combat these threats despite the crippling effect of the Vietnamese war on the city and especially the youth. It is often a hard situation to deal with considering the civil unrest in these periods and how many are forced to fend for a living by engaging in social vices.
Dauria04
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

I really liked this book, the writing was engaging and the plot of the story was amazing. One thing I didn't like about it was Roxy's character, I hated every decision she made. Overall, Wild World is a solid 3 out of 4.
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Paulette Reefer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulette-reefer.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Paulette Reefer »

I think this book has an eye-catching cover even though it uses mainly monochromatic colours. The snapshot of the group of persons with their backs to the reader's face conveys the send of crowded movement towards a desired goal. The alliterative Title Wild World grabs the reader's attention and is in itself thought provoking.
Bombasticsideeye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stella-bereebera.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Bombasticsideeye »

This book was well written. I loved its unpredictability. Although it was a bit slow at the beginning, it quickly picked up pace and I could not pit it down till the end. Well done!
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of its intriguing storyline, the themes, and the societal injustice it explores, but I deduct a star for the errors and the multiple perspectives in which the book was told.
wmeki510
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wmeki510.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by wmeki510 »

I admire the creativity in the front cover of this novel. When I looked at the flag, I felt it was symbolic, and crowed captured at the front cover also depicts the thematic preoccupation of the novel. I consider the themes explored in this novel, like the Vietnamese war and child soldier, striking. I think this novel deserves a four out of four stars rating.
Ryan Rizaldy Syahrial
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Ninety-Nine Fire Hoops
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ryan Rizaldy Syahrial »

The story, I even hope one day we will see it on the screen, because this is a human story, humans are trapped in a dilemma situation, because of their position, other social judgments against themselves, maintaining an ego that is expected to be in harmony with their conscience, really enjoy reading other I'm sure this must be a true story even though the author is a bit embarrassed to admit it. Good luck to the writer.

Yours faithfully,
Ryan Rizaldy
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

I think it highlights activism in a very bold light. Wars and endless killings do not bring anything to humanity save for suffering and pain and therefore should be kicked against whenever it brings up its ugly head. I loved the fact that I learned so much about the Vietnam War.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

Having read the book, I think Rush did a great job in choosing the genre of historical fiction to bring across many social issues that are at play today as well as dealing with political issues like the Vietnam war. For me the strongest message from the book is that we need to start learning from what has happened in the past and make sure that we create a better world instead of forever being in a state of dejavu, because we keep on repeating the same mistakes. A perfect rating is perfectly correct!
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Wild World is a romance, a political thriller, and a book about corruption. I don't like how the author started and ended some scenes in the book. The romance story of Steve and Roxy caused me many emotions.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

The book tackles an important issue which is police corruption. However, I didn't enjoy reading this book. The pace was extremely slow, the use of profanities was profuse and its sexual content was heavy and unbearable.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Jordan Abio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-abio.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jordan Abio »

The book is about the Vietnam War. This is an exciting book with a creative plot. The cover gives the reader a good idea of what to expect. The book contains strong language. Right from the start, you can sense the anger and emotions running high.
Jumana_Fawmi
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jumana-fawmi_3406691.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Jumana_Fawmi »

The author has a unique writing style. And the plot has a different perspective from the other stories of Vietnam war. I think I would love the book.
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

Tons of good things about this book ! Among historical fiction, the Vietnam War isn't a very popular subject and I highly commend the author for shedding light on what happened in such an intriguing and emotional manner.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”