Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Post by Proof Readar »

The author's writing style brings out the tension induced by war. From the start, I was impressed and engage in the reading. Also for the intriguing plot, I rate it four out of four stars.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

There are many tales concerning the Vietnam War that I have heard. I was eager to start reading this book since I thought it must be quite interesting to read. The cover conveys the proper sense of what to anticipate. But I think the language in the book is quite strong. Right from the start, you can sense the heightened emotions and rage.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I really like this book. What I like most is Steve's dedication to the force and his love for Roxy, I also love his dedication to join the force. Steve's character is truly admirable and that's what I like most about the book
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I enjoyed this novel and I would say this book is an intriguing novel, I noticed the author's ability to elicit emotional responses from the reader.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
James Fx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fx.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by James Fx »

I picked it because it spoke about Vietnam war, but there were not much mentions about that part. I enjoyed every bit of the book especially Steve’s braveness and commitment. I hated that there were quite a lot of errors in it.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because in spite of how intereating the plot was, the errors I encountered when reading this book made it tasking to read.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I enjoyed reading this book and had nothing to dislike about it. I like the author's writing style and how he told the story of the Vietnam war. Steve is my favourite character, although I find him to be easily influenced by Roxie,but I still love his courage. I give this book a rating of 4.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I really enjoyed reading this novel. Books on Vietnam war has a soft spot in my heart because of the things they do go through. I really admire Steve’s bravery to stop the corruption.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Kyrian007 wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 12:09 I appreciate the official review of Wild Life. I see that this war book is not like any other book. It describes each character's perspective on the war, and this adds to the interesting factor of the book.
Yeah... I like when books give us different perspective of an event from different characters view point. It helps to get the general idea of the book and surrounding situation.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

There are so many stories about Vietnam War, but I like how the author developed the plot and characters in this book. Steve is a character I like most in the book, and I enjoyed reading about him. I rate the book 4 out of 4.
Bradley Shelvie
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-shelvie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bradley Shelvie »

I'm just finishing this book off KU and I'd give it a 3. I'll probably write a review later, but the thing I loved most was the kind of world the novel offered. I, however, had issues with a few things.
Do the things you love and you'll love the things you do :techie-studyingbrown:
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

I like the themes and action scenes in this and I also like the writing style of the author. I commend Steve for his courage to stop corruption. There was no part of the book I dislike.
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

This book was something I really enjoyed. The theme was a complex one, but the simple writing style effectively made it interesting. The cover attracted me to this book and it was good. As for the title, it was truthful in portraying the world depicted in the story. The thing I liked most was the romance between Steve and Roxy and his determination to fight against the injustices. As for the negative part, I found several errors that hindered my reading experience. It was a historical fiction that incorporated several historical elements with a tinge of romance. The greatest lesson that I learned was to stay strong and fight even when everyone around me treats me wrongfully. It taught me to stay true to my values even when the whole world is against me. I recommend this book to those who love to read historical fiction. I strongly recommend it as one can know history as well as good values through this book.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

This book is excellent. About the Vietnam War, I've heard a lot. I was eager to start reading this book when I first saw it and after reading the review. The cover conveys the intended meaning accurately. However, I believe the book makes use of quite strong language. Right from the start, you can sense the rage and other strong emotions. It pleased me.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I just like the complex relationship between Roxy and Steve. The author's writing style is fine. The plot is good. And the storyline is flowing. Wild World deserves 4 out of 5 stars. A star deduction due to profanity and the serious tone of the book.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”