Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Lindiwe Chakhala
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Rich Dad Poor Dad: Cashflow Quadrant
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindiwe-chakhala.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Post by Lindiwe Chakhala »

Melissa Jane wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 00:00 This is a discussion topic for the August 2022 Book of the month, Wild World, by Peter S. Rush.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?
I have read and reviewed this book. Overall, it made me think about my Wild World and my contributions to society. Steve is incredibly brave to make a decision to collect evidence against a police system that considered corruption an everyday norm. I liked that we could follow Steve's thoughts and decisions. I did not like how he made his girlfriend, Roxanne, the center of his identity. The writing style was straight forward. A lesson I learnt is that as young adults, we can only blame the older generation for the faults of the world for so long, but eventually, we will become adults. A younger generation will ask us what we contributed to the world. I have recommended this book to a mature audience as it contains violence, hard language and sexual content. The book will definitely make people think about their own Wild World and how they can positively make a change.
Obi Egbuniwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obi-egbuniwe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Obi Egbuniwe »

This book was intense and gripping. Very often stories about war are written and told, yet the devastating after effects of war do not receive the same attention. This book manages to successfully blend the two. It conveys the monumental political stakes of the Vietnam war while remaining quite grounded in it's narrative. The writing style is interesting. It's a very solid read.
Walkernet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walkernet.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Walkernet »

I love the message delivered by this book. It is true that in order for change to occur, we must actively participate in it by being a part of it. The writing style was superb. Actually, I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
759alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-759alex.html
Latest Review: Diamond J&G Manor Parlay Gambling House by Sylvie L Gionet

Post by 759alex »

The change we need is the one we actively participate in, a message I loved from the book. The writing style and the plot were top-notch. I would have given it 4 out of 4 stars.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

The review of this book accurately captures every facet of the book. In the book, the gory and distressing events of the Vietnam War are being exposed. Due to the indepth and well-researched background structure of this novel, I think it deserves a perfect 4 out of 4.
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nweze-raalchukwu1.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nweze Raalchukwu1 »

I would give the book a three about of four stars. It was a good read but I wa confused by some of the slangs in the book.
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

I really learned a whole lot from this book. Corruption should really be exterminated from the surface of the earth. I will give this book a four star rating.
Horlarmidey Harkinolah
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-horlarmidey-harkinolah.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Horlarmidey Harkinolah »

Initially, when I saw the cover page and title, I thought it was another war book. Though the wild world is coined from one of the war activities that took place, but there was a twist to it. I love the character development, I enjoyed the love and romance scenes, and I love the sense of belonging that the storyline brings. It's a wonderful book with nothing to dislike.
Bradley Shelvie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-shelvie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bradley Shelvie »

This book is a well-written gem that talks about a variety of themes, most prominent being war. I think it deserves a solid four to me if we consider the quality.
Do the things you love and you'll love the things you do :techie-studyingbrown:
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Steve's character for me thinking of the way people's lives are influenced without theie knowledge. Steve's decisions were influenced by Roxy, and he though he was doing them both a favour when he stqyed with her. He could have left Providence to seek a better future like Andy. Overa, the book was informative, and I appreciate this.
Chinemezu Okafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

I love the review I read about the book. It actually made me read the book, and I fell in love with it too. I love everything about the book, from Steve's personality to what he could for his love. I actually enjoyed reading it.
diamond39
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by diamond39 »

I would rate this book a four, very easy read not to complexed and good for students seventeen and older to read due to some profanity. It starts off to me with a punch line because you assume steven is going to be dealing with the war but instead he changes all his plan for the girl and he changes his life plans of becoming a lawyer to be a policeman where he is forced to deal with corruption and dirty cops… all the book was very good and satisfying read… I look forward to more work from this author
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I recently chose to review this book as I saw it had been the book of the month and thought it looked like something i may enjoy. I was correct and ended up really liking it. I enjoyed the real world issues that were portrayed in the book, issues in the '70's that are still so prevalent today. I also really enjoyed watching Steve's character having to learn how to navigate parts of life he never really considered had existed.
The author's writing was very captivating and creative and i would recommend this book to readers who enjoy activism.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Would have given the book a perfect rating but the overblown sexual scene would me it will get a 3 out of 4 star rating. I would recommend this book to those who lobe historical fiction and fantasy novels.
Namreviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namreviews.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Namreviews »

What I like most about this book is the bond between Steve and his friends. I also admire the relationship between Roxy and Steve. The genre of the book is historical fiction, and I admire the author writing style. One big lesson I learned from this book revolves around perseverance and determination. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars, and I'd happily recommend it to other readers who love works within the same genre as this book.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”