Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Aditii Mehta
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditii-mehta.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Post by Aditii Mehta »

Vietnam war is a sensitive topic for people, the author did a good job being sensitive as well as informative in this book.
Am Eso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-am-eso.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Am Eso »

This is my second book on the Vietnam War, and it has left me curious about the real happenings of the war.

The author's wonderful writing style,the well-organized and very detailed plot, and the beautiful characterization are some of the very commendable things about this book and, that make me rate this book 4 out of four stars.
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

I liked how the book focused on the significance of activism. We should always speak up against killings. I also enjoyed the writing tone. There are a lot of things to like about this book. As to my rating, I would give it a four out of four stars.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

I don't know what I was expecting so maybe I had unrealistic goals, but I did not find this book compelling. I was excited to read this because it was about the beautiful, quirky Rhode Island, where I live. I bought this at books on the square and loved how full circle this find was.
I appreciate the storyline and how I could paint the scene, seeing Steve tread carefully through Providence. I feel if the point was to expose corruption then it could have been more mission oriented, with many missed opportunities of the city Goverment's shady dealings and relationships with organized crime.
Overall it was fine. Truthfully I probably just expected more because I'm local.
ELENI PAPAPOSTOLOU
Currently Reading: Final Act
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleni-papapostolou.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by ELENI PAPAPOSTOLOU »

It's a very insteresting historical fiction about the fight of American youth against the Vietnam war. It underlines the generation gap and reminds us the air of freedom young students exhalled the decades of 60's and 70's. I enjoyed reading the book, though police brutality reminded me nowdays, showing nothing has really changed, or maybe it's even worse. Sad for every Steve's battle for soical justice and peace.
Marvelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Marvelly »

Books that talks about war is a reminder for me that not everyone have the peace some part of the world is enjoying. The plot of the book is interesting and the author's story telling is superb. I enjoyed every part of the book and have no reason to dislike the book.
Gyula Sasvari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gyula-sasvari.html
Latest Review: Rooster by Edward Pontacoloni

Post by Gyula Sasvari »

I loved this book. It was a bit like going back to the 1960s or 1970s when life was more difficult, but people seemed to be closer to each other. I really think that all these gadgets that help us to communicate with each other are wonderful, but at the same time, they build barriers and walls. Everybody is on a gadget and l don't think your kindness can get through when you're on a gadget. Of course, the 1960s and 1970s were great decades for brilliant rock music, but most people were terribly afraid of a madman pushing that particular button...
It's difficult. This book is wonderful, but I don't think I like any of the characters. I like its atmosphere although it's a bit suffocating and I felt a bit like trapped all the time.
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

Having read this book, I can boldly say that it deserves a full rating. I was able to picture the unrest during the Vietnamese war from both a civilian and cop's perspective.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

This book is really informative and realistic in line with modern America. Usually, with books involving wars are hard to stomach but this one was written in an educational manner and not gory. The genre is political and historical fiction and to a stretch, war drama. The cover and title fit the contents of the book. I learned that one man can definitely change the world, maybe not the whole world but his world, which in turn would contribute to changing the whole world. I would absolutely recommend it to people interested in knowing how the system works and activists at large.
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

This book sets forth a vital message, but it didn’t make the plot less engaging. I appreciated the flaws of the major characters; it made the story real. It was wonderful to see characters make courageous decisions in spite of their comfort. It expresses that I wasn’t stupid in some decisions I’ve made.
Danielle Briggs
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-briggs.html
Latest Review: Moonlit Nights by Jacob Parr

Post by Danielle Briggs »

I loved reading this book! The plot did not turn out the way I thought it would when I first starting reading, but it kept me immersed in story the whole time. The writing style allowed me to feel like I was right beside the characters within that era, which was nice. I would definitely recommend this one to most readers, especially fans of historical fiction.
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mae-fabro.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Hannah Mae Fabro »

This book is an intense story about war. Even though I'm not a big fan of historical war genre of book, I find this book interesting because of the plot and character development. I also found no reason to dislike this book. This is why this book deserves a complete rating.
Florien Deysel
Currently Reading: Buigbare Bome
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florien-deysel.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Florien Deysel »

Two wrongs do not give you a right. Hats off to Steve who did the right thing.
Natalie Sheph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-sheph.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Natalie Sheph »

Overall the book was very heavy and intense for me. However, I think the author was able to describe the reality of the war and bring the emotions to the readers correctly. The book did not allow the reader to relax; the plot is engrossing and intriguing. I also loved the cover and title, and I was glad that instead of a scene of war and violence, young people who want peace are depicted on the cover. I will definitely recommend the book to people who love books about history and wars.
Sabrinasal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sabrinasal »

The author's writing style is unique. I love the plot, and I believe that this book will be a good read for me. Steve has a rough part ahead of him, and I love the characterization of this book.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”