Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Post by Chris Azuka »

I enjoyed reading the book. I appreciate Steve who is determined to cause a change in a corrupt world. The book was also emotional with his relationship with Roxy. Although, to me the book was unnecessarily lengthy.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I had mixed feelings about the book. I thought the story lost direction mid-way. I would have loved to read more about the repercussions of the war, but that part was not much discussed.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

The Vietnam War may not be a popular topic for historical fiction, in my opinion, but this book masterfully uses the war's events to convey its underlying issues. I give this book four stars altogether because of the strong characterization.
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

The most important theme that I loved in this book is that of politice brutality. It was so evident what goes on inside the police and how bad cops corrupt the good ones. People like Steve are hard to come by, but this book serves as an encouragement to the few good people that wants to make a difference.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Steve's resolve was something I really admired in this book. How many persons can endure what he went through in the police department? Our society needs people like him because it is only through their strong stance for doing the right thing that our society can be saved.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

I recently finished reading this book, and I must say that I am so angry with Roxy. For all Steve is willing to do for her, I least expected that she would do half of what she did to him. You don't get someone that loves you all over like Steve did and not reciprocate it.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

I rated this book four out of five stars. The author did a great job in perfectly depicting what goes on at top level organizations, especially the police department. I did not give it a perfect score because I was always confused about new scenes. The method of transition to new scenes is very terrible.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Also, I anticipated to actually see more about the war in this book, but I was disappointed in that aspect. What I met were just minor touches on it. However, the author kind of explained the difference on how young people view war versus the older generation.
Victor Ayub Migos
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

This is a wonderful book about revolution and war. I'd give it a perfect score since because of its wonderful narration and world-building.
Monkeymoney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monkeymoney.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monkeymoney »

The first thought I had when I first saw the cover, was that it was going to be an all war book. I enjoyed this book a lot, the writing style is also unique. One thing I learnt from this book is to be able to stand out for the truth and be an exception, where ever you find yourself.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

This book was quite good but I'll rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't like how Steve made all his decision based on what Roxy wanted. But I liked how bold he was to stand up for what's right. I liked the writing style too.
Ekuma Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekuma-blessing.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekuma Blessing »

This novel captured my interest. Quite a bit has been said about the Vietnam War. When I spotted this book and read the review, I was extremely happy and eager to start reading it. The cover conveys the proper sense of what to anticipate. However, I believe the novel makes use of strong language. Right from the start, you can sense the heightened emotions and rage. superb review
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

I genuinely wish I could give this book a perfect score. It emphasizes the significance of activism which made it incredibly interesting. I liked how elements of historical fiction were mixed into what could have easily been a non-fiction story. I admired the character's realistic description.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

Though a work of fiction, I was able to get a better perspective of some historical events that were popular in the 1970s. I got to understand why President Nixon became unpopular among the youths. I also understood why the American populace became divided over the Vietnma war. The book also made me to understand that it is easier to change a system from within. Wild World was a worthwhile read.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

I was engrossed in this book from beginning to end because of the author's attention to detail. This is seen in how he incorporated the social ills that were prominent in the United States in the 1970s into the story. Topics such as police brutality, injustice, corruption, feminism, and politics constituted the majority of conversations between characters in the story. He accurately captured how these vices have continued to erode our communities, despite the progress made over the years. Wild World was a worthwhile read

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”