Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Ivan Mukaaga
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-mukaaga.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Post by Ivan Mukaaga »

I like Steve’s unwavering determination, it was really easy to feel sorry for him but also captivating to see how he continued through all the challenges. The only thing which was too much was the profanity. But that put aside, the author's story and writing style is gorgeous. This book’s greatest lesson is; never give up doing good no matter how others respond. This book deserves a 4/4 stars rating.
Ravi Gurjar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravi-gurjar.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Ravi Gurjar »

The author's writing is distinctive. This book sounds interesting, and I think I'll enjoy reading it. Steve faces a challenging future, and I adore the way this book's characters are portrayed. It's helpful to learn the author's perspective on the Vietnam War because it had a significant impact.
Ratzone_El
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ratzone-el.html
Latest Review: 4th & Long: by Garrett M Stapleton

Post by Ratzone_El »

This book is a good one, and I love Steve's personality. It is educative and entertaining, and I was able to flow seamlessly with the author's perspective. The title is an exact description for the big things that happened in the book. I'd definitely recommend this book to other people because I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Rosie Ziarnik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosie-ziarnik.html
Latest Review: Souljourner by Paul Steven Stone
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Rosie Ziarnik »

I really enjoyed the plot, and how many different controversial topics were discussed in this book. The point of view is amazing in my opinion, and I don't think the book would've been the same if the main character, Steve, didn't make the same life choices.
Ashna Tibrewal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Ashna Tibrewal »

I think author did an excellent job of providing us the various perspectives of war. Vietnam war or any other war is always more than the just fighting in the battle. It involves every citizen between those countries. I recently read an autobiography, and the author is a refugee of Vietnam only.
Uyo ojo Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyo-ojo-grace.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Uyo ojo Grace »

Although this book has many wonderful qualities, simply the sight of the cover makes me want to read it or set it as my phone's background. The book's cover is descriptive and conveys the main idea of the text. In this situation, I suggest judging a book by its cover.
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

I like the content of this book. The plot and storyline is unique, and I love Steve's personality. The title is a two-word description for everything that happened in this book, and I'd readily recommend it to every lover of historical fiction.
D Accurate_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d-accurate-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by D Accurate_Reviewer »

Well, I enjoyed every part of this book, so I gave it a rating of 4 out of 4. I've always heard about the Vietnam war, but this book was an opener to what it really is.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

This book was great. About the Vietnam War, I've heard a lot. I was eager to start reading this book when I first saw it and after reading the review. The cover conveys the intended meaning accurately. However, I believe the book makes use of quite strong language. Right from the start, you can sense the rage and other strong emotions.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

I'll give this book a 4 out of 4 stars any day, any time. I enjoyed this book so much, I loved the central theme of love, loyalty, and sacrifice. It was really intriguing for me.
Hossam Mohamed 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
2024 Reading Goal: 803
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Hossam Mohamed 6 »

A deftly crafted and inherently engaging read from cover to cover, Wild World is an extraordinary and impressively entertaining read from beginning to end ..." --Midwest Book Review

"(Wild World) is so very pertinent to our time that reading it brings into sharp focus those flaws in our present political condition: change is not only possible, but inevitable." --San Francisco Review of Books

"Wild World is a crime novel, a love story and a mystery all rolled into one... well written and keeps your attention." --Peace Corps Journal

"An intricate and captivating read throughout.... with the kind of narrative twists that prove wholly addictive...Wild World proves an extraordinarily powerful debut from Peter Rush." --Book Viral

Peter S. Rush brings the '70s to vivid life in his stunning and timely debut novel .

Set against the backdrop of the protest era of the early 1970s, Wild World is a gripping novel about one tenacious young man whose fervor for social justice holds unexpected consequences for his own life.

In the spring of 1970, Steve Logan, like thousands of other college students across America, takes to the streets to protest authority and the Vietnam War. Fueled by a strong sense of moral justice, he wants to make the world better--a belief his girlfriend Roxy, a medical student, passionately shares. Weeks before his graduation, Steve's life is upended when National Guard troops kill four students at Kent State University. Then, he meets a reform-minded cop who convinces Steve that to change the system, he has to get involved.

Eager to make a difference, Steve decides to give up law school and join the city's police department. While the rookie cop with an Ivy League degree knows that change is difficult, the reality of fighting the establishment soon overwhelms him. His education makes him an outsider, and his honesty makes him a threat to the corrupt cops who use the power of their badge to inflict brutality and extort. His college friends think he's a traitor to the cause and even Roxy, the woman he loves, has begun to pull away.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I really enjoyed the boom overall. It was nice to read avout someone who wants to make a change in the world and it's not scared of the consequences of his actions.
Four out of four stars
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

The author's writing style was unique and the story was interesting. One of the flaws that I found in the book is how it contains a lot of sexual scenes that make the book a little bit more annoying. The book cover marches exactly with the book. I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to people who love to read books related to police and also love books with themes of romance.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I rated Wild World 4 out of 4, it was a great book. It was well-written and made you think about doing the right thing and also about how far corruption would go before it would end.
John Ikenwanze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-ikenwanze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by John Ikenwanze »

This book a centred around the Vietnam War. It can pass for a thriller. I enjoyed the author's style of writing, he was quite descriptive. The book is quite informative and deserves a 5 out of 5 rating.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”