Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Faisal Kurfi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faisal-kurfi.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers: by Arthur Hartz
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Wild World by Peter S. Rush.

Post by Faisal Kurfi »

The book discusses the topic of a war that was fought between the United States of America and Vietnam, so I consider it historical fiction. Additionally, the cover and title are adequate to demonstrate the main themes of war and public disobedience.
I learned that it requires a proper plan to be able to achieve something significant in life. Equally, emotions can be your drivers, but they need to be kept in check.
Finally, I can recommend this book to other people because it discusses two important issues that remain a threat to world peace: war and corruption in the institution that is responsible for providing security to its citizens.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

Steve's character was intriguing. He was really brave to have fought against the killings of those kids at Kent University. I feel that the author incorporated a bit of a non-fiction genre into it. His writing style was great. I recommend this book to advocates of human rights.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

I love this book because it taught me how to speak when it's my right to. Steve demonstrated this after some students at Kent University were murdered. He went to join the police for justice go to be served. Lovers of enlightening books would love this book.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

I found this to be an engaging investigative book. Steve left his career to join the police force to find out the truth behind the killing of innocent kids is commendable. People who love investigative stories will find this one intriguing.
just_joy
Currently Reading: The Story Of...
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-just-joy.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by just_joy »

One thing that makes war books interesting, is how the author expresses emotions and the general mood of the story. The Vietnam war is supposed to make the reader shiver and I feel like the author did a great job by visualizing the reality of that time
IbrahimOtegbade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahimotegbade.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by IbrahimOtegbade »

I like the story for its reality about corruption and change. The author's style is very unique, combining many distinct themes to form a good plot. I commend the fact that the reality it's based on is what we need to know: change doesn't come without sacrifice. And the sacrifice is what people usually don't understand because of their stereotypic view of those in the system. Also, it raised some good ethical questions that I think must be answered.

I am glad I read the book; it's worth reading.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

I learned a lot about the Vietnam war from this book. I loved everything about this book. From the title, the book cover down to the contents of the book were all intriguing. The author took his time to write this book.
Chikapeter+110
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikapeter-110.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Chikapeter+110 »

This book called World War speaks more about chaos, diversity, war, and the like. It also brings into light political issues and what division causes. I will recommend this book to interested people in political issues.
fire_spice
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-spice.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fire_spice »

I think it's historical fiction. I loved the book and would give it a 4 star rating. It's well written. I didn't like Steve's girlfriend. Her outlook was quite selfish. Nevertheless I loved the book. It was not dull. The greatest lesson I learned was to take one day at a time, live one day at a time like Steve did. It got him through a lot.
The cover and title were a perfect fit for the book. It describes the young adult experience perfectly.
Paulette Reefer
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulette-reefer.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Paulette Reefer »

I think the book cover is eye-catching in its monochrome like colours of black, white and grey. The depiction of a small part of a crowd all facing one direction conveys the sense of a wild rush in the Wild World.
Philip Mahlangu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philip-mahlangu.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Philip Mahlangu »

It's a 3 star rating book for me. I didn't think that Steve had a good enough reason to abandon law and pursue a career as a police officer. But I overall enjoyed the story.
Abegmos
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abegmos.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Abegmos »

Actually, the cover page of the book piqued my interest to know what the book entails. Soon, I found out that the author wrote about the Vietnam War. Though I am not a fan of war stories, the author's fascinating storytelling style made me binge-read the book.
readingswithsoso
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingswithsoso.html
Latest Review: The Prophecy of the Heron by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by readingswithsoso »

Easy 4 out of 4. Great plot, and captivating writing. Perfect pace. It takes you a long story and introduces some flashbacks without being overwhelming. I'm loving it so far.
Hend Kholeif
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nk-reads.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hend Kholeif »

I might be a bit late for this book discussion, but am I the only one who found some problems with the book? It had a powerful message, no doubt about that. But I found some grammatical errors. I also found Steve's relationship with Roxy to be a bit weird. He was always trying to seek validation from her. From the beginning when he first decided to join the police academy, till the very end, it felt like the root of all his actions stemmed from the need for him to impress her. For such a morally strong character like Steve, I assumed that wouldn't be the case. I gave this book 4 stars since I genuinely did enjoy reading it and I did learn a lot. Yet, the editing was lacking and the scenes shifted too abruptly for me.
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

The overall opinion is that further is in the youth's hands, I liked Steve he's a positive motivator. I dislike the corruption and I liked the writing style and the humor, genre is historical fiction with romance. The tile wild world goes with the cover loved it, and I will recommend it to young adults and older because of its lovemaking.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”