Student fragility and the Government sovereignty.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Luchris Curtis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-curtis.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Re: Student fragility and the Government sovereignty.

Post by Luchris Curtis »

It is true that students are mostly on the recieving end of many things that the government do. The government can wake up and decide to do something without thinking of the adverse effect that it'd have on the student within the country.
Crevon_Boyle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crevon-boyle.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Crevon_Boyle »

Matilda jack wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 10:34 While reading Wild World and its first review, It occured to me that students are mosttimes on the receiving end of whatever thing that the government does. If a war, strike, or shutdown is declared by the government (irrespective of the country), the students' life trajectory will be greatly affected to the point of death. In respect to the killing of students within this book, what do you think?
Due to the way society, these days is structured; it's not so surprising that students are highly affected by every decision of the government. At that period in their lives, every individual is greatly affected by the decisions of their caregivers, and albeit indirectly, the government is indeed its citizen's caregiver.
Abimbola Oladokun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abimbola-oladokun.html
Latest Review: Diabolus In Musica by Richard Rees

Post by Abimbola Oladokun »

I completely agree with this sentiment. It is said that; when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers. In this case, the elephants are the government and whichever organisation or country they are at war with, while the grass are the students. In most of the terrible decisions made by the government, the students are usually on the receiving end of the bad result.
Iniko Santamo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iniko-santamo.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Iniko Santamo »

Matilda jack wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 10:34 While reading Wild World and its first review, It occured to me that students are mosttimes on the receiving end of whatever thing that the government does. If a war, strike, or shutdown is declared by the government (irrespective of the country), the students' life trajectory will be greatly affected to the point of death. In respect to the killing of students within this book, what do you think?
In respect to the killing, I think it was cruel and sick. That should have never happened, but the government refused to be reasonable. It is sad.
Richard Desmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-desmond.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Richard Desmond »

I was shocked when I first read about the students death. Then I felt anger and pain in my heart.
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Luv Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luv-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Ava Flips by Ava Nebel

Post by Luv Emmanuel »

I think the students were murdered, not just killed. They were murdered by those that should have protected them. I hated that so much.
Latest Review: Ava Flips by Ava Nebel
Beth Beth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-beth.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Beth Beth »

Yes. Students are one group of people that always suffer the most whenever a war, strike,or shutdown is declared by the government. And I think the killing of those students was horrible.
Rawdat George
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rawdat-george.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Rawdat George »

The killing of the students in the book is enough to piss anybody off. I thought if was not just unnecessary but also a show of how wicked their killers are.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Yeah, students are the most vulnerable in whatever calamitous situation directly or indirectly. unfortunately, student life is the one thing, that is most connected with the outside world in every aspect, we can't just shut them off and go on our way. they need to constantly be in touch with the outside world and often depend on the mercy of government and other bodies to not destroy their life greatly. Ironically, our education system and students' textbooks are as dumb and disconnected from current affairs as one could possibly be. For all the saying that the life of a student is in the throes of the present society, the stuff they teach at school is totally not useful for their real world.
Zainab Wasif
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainab-wasif.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Zainab Wasif »

I agree with you and in my opinion, it is largely because the government fears the most rebellion, from its youth so they try to suppress them.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I agree. Students, while not being involved usually, are frequently affected by these decisions and it is both sad and unfair.
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

I absolutely agree with you. Students are powerless in a situation where the government is showing its power. It is just like the proverbial two elephants that are fighting; it is the grass under them that would suffer the most. I wish governments could be considerate in their declarations.
Juan Roy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juan-roy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Juan Roy »

I think yh killing of the students was bad and unjustified.
Sandra Parablo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-parablo.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Sandra Parablo »

Government should have done better. Those student did not have to die for something that was not their fault.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I agree completely, they are still in the molding parts of their years and learning exactly what they want to achieve and do with their lives. When the government change something, it affects their lives directly and could also impact their inability to make their own choices because of that.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”