Arbitrary killing in the name of national Interest

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Re: Arbitrary killing in the name of national Interest

Post by Not available anymore »

Governments killing people arbitrarily in the name of national interest will never be justified.
It's sickening
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

it is not justified. The primary responsibility of the police is to safeguard the lives and property of the citizens of a country. The government should reassess the work of police officers if they believe that killing individuals you are supposed to protect is their obligation. In my opinion, this is in no way justified. Police are only supposed to protect and safeguard, not kill.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

There is nothing justifiable in killing young children on protests. The killing of future leaders isn't in any way protecting the National interest but destroying the Nation's future.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Honestly, I do not believe that killing someone for a country's sake is moral. All life is valuable in my opinion. I felt awful reading that section of the book because of this. Sadly, this happens frequently during most upheavals.
Neora Wish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neora-wish.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Neora Wish »

In my opinion, killing for state interest doesn't make any sense. If the police keep on killing anyone, there will be no one to protect. I think it wise to train our police on handling all suspects without the use of an open fire.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Nobody should perish for the sake of the country. Despite the fact that some people might agree that the country's interests come first, in my opinion it is unnecessary to kill these armless children as the book depicts them. It is a terrible situation and a terrible manner to defend the interests of the country.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

Killings in the name of national interests cannot be justified. It was really unnecessary and there are better ways to handle situations other than killings young children.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

The killings in this book were not justified instead it was poor decision-making on the part of the government.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

When protesters lose their lives while exercising their First Amendment freedom of speech, it is indeed very terrible. As we also depend on law enforcement to ensure our security, this is undoubtedly a complicated subject. As there are now more body cameras for law enforcement and more citizen cameras, it's fortunate that there is now a lot more video evidence, allowing for a more objective evaluation of whether the use of force was justified.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

It is sad that even till this day, things like that still happen. Innocent civilians with no arms get shot and killed for coming out to protest. Instead of the government to listen to these protesters, they do more harm to them and the society. They harm the people they are supposed to protect and there is no justification for such behaviour. The interest of the nation is what the people that are being killed are fighting for.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”