Drafting Kids for War

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Drafting Kids for War

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

According to my perspective, the military shouldn't recruit individuals until they are at least 21 years old. Even though 17-year-olds need their parents' permission to join the military, I believe that age is much too young to deal with the scenarios that may happen. They still have a great deal of maturing and growing to do.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

Drafting kids for war is the worst, it's not just right, it is horrendous, Kids should be kids, brought up in love and in a good family and they should be educated... not required for war.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I see no reason for a political menace that gets to the point where the lives of children are at stake. If I have the power, I wouldn't only end the drafting of kids but I will also end the cause of a war or any crisis.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
James Fx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fx.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by James Fx »

Definitely! If I had power, I would stop this horrible act. Older men going into war come out without being able to tell their experiences talk less of young ones. It’s traumatic.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

I think drafting kids for war can only be acceptable when there aren't enough manpower but even at this, the people being drafted should be teenagers and not very young kids.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

It’s always a thing of sadness when kids who are supposed to be enjoying this teenage age being drafted into war.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Drafting kids for war is sickening! If I have the power I'll definitely eradicate this horrible menace.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Drafting kids for war is beyond sickening! If I have the power I'll definitely eradicate this menace
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

If I had the ability, I would definitely put an end to this threat. Children are drafted to fight in wars because their strength, but they end up wasting their youth. I find no reason government should keep doing this. I am confident that most parents would prefer not to send their children to war.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Drafting kids for war should not be considered by any well-meaning government irrespective of the situation. If I had my way I will end this menace.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I think that no one has the right to force somebody to share in a war that they don't believe in it's causes. A soldier should believe in what he is doing to do it properly and to to feel satisfied and reliefed that he is doing the proper thing.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Samuel Onowhakpor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-onowhakpor.html
Latest Review: Seeker: A Sea Odyssey by Rita Pomade

Post by Samuel Onowhakpor »

I am diametrically opposed to kids being drafted for war. But I suppose the atmosphere of a country at war is difficult to put in words. As sometimes even veterans soldiers can go AWOL and an untrained but patriotic citizen is willing to lay down their life for their motherland.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Ruthwriter wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 07:50 I think this is an erroneous decision. kids are meant to be developing until they gained a sense of self-awareness. drafting them into war is a suicide mission. if I have the power, I will see it as a responsibility to end it.
I agree with you that drafting kids for war is an erroneous decision. They are called kids because they need adult's supervision in whatever they do. Drafting kids for was can keep them dramatize for life because their brains are not fully developed.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Cheryl Erickson wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 12:26 I think that the military should not recruit people until they are at least 21 years old. Even though 17 year olds require parental consent, I feel that is way too young to face the situations that arise in the military. They still have so much growing and developing to get through first.
Exactly, kids are meant to enjoy their childhood. Drafting them for war will steal that away from them. i believe war most times is for the future generation to have a good life, so using kids for war is like shooting yourself in the foot because there will be no generation.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Abu_Aisha1 wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 04:38 No matter the situation, drafting kids for war for me is totally irresponsible and unacceptable for any government. Hence, if I have the power, I would not hesitate to end this menace at this very minute wherever it's happening across the world.
Drafting kids for war is totally irresponsible and i think is also a child abuse because it teaches the child violence and makes them hard hearten. If the child manage to survive the war, the child might develop a brain *** or maybe who knows become a terrorist.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”