Drafting Kids for War

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Neora Wish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neora-wish.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Drafting Kids for War

Post by Neora Wish »

If I can achieve power today, my priority could be to eliminate war. without war, there could be no kids drafting. Drafting is a form of inhumanity because they are too naive to manage the right decisions of what is right or wrong for them
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I believe The situation will determine everything. For many people, the sense of patriotism may be overwhelming, inspiring them to defend their country if necessary. War is a complicated subject, and ultimately, an individual's decision should take precedence over the interests of the state.
Chinenye Sus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Chinenye Sus »

Drafting kids for war is completely unacceptable and I'll end it in a blink of an eye if I could.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

This is something that we should put an end to. Drafting kids for war is totally wrong and will cause more adverse result.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

I think this is an erroneous decision. kids are meant to be developing until they gained a sense of self-awareness. drafting them into war is a suicide mission. if I have the power, I will see it as a responsibility to end it.
Latest Review:
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Drafting kids for war is very wrong and should be put to a stop. Only that extreme cases forces these children to go out and fight. But, there should still be a limit.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Because recruiting children for military service would have a terrible and unfair impact on their mental health, I believe it is wrong for any government to engage in such behavior toward its people. If I'm in charge, I won't support such a crime
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

This should be stopped. Kids shouldn't be drafted for war. I would like to see policies aganist this being enacted.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

The call to battle for young people, in my opinion, is dreadful. Unfortunately, even if I wished to interfere, there may not be much I could do to stop it; in fact, I don't think it could ever be stopped.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

I would make the minimum age 21. No one likes to send kids to war, but everyone would suffer if we lost our freedom, especially kids. I believe that only children who voluntarily volunteer to fight in a conflict should be permitted to do so.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

The scary thing is that terrorists will use child soldiers as soldiers if the government doesn't. It's basically a never-ending cycle. Due to the possibility that they may not even be able to hold a weapon, it is equivalent to killing them right immediately. My heart hurts over this.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Infact, this is not a contemporary concern, as far as I can tell. For as long as anyone could remember, it has existed. Forcefully drafting children is child abuse and is prohibited by several laws. Such laws are used by nations that lack the human resources to defend themselves.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Ruthwriter wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 07:50 I think this is an erroneous decision. kids are meant to be developing until they gained a sense of self-awareness. drafting them into war is a suicide mission. if I have the power, I will see it as a responsibility to end it.
It is a very erroneous decision! Going to war shouldn't, in my opinion, be done by force. Since they are young, it should be thrown to them as a choice. Maybe after an individual decide that they wish to fight for their nation, they will receive the required training and are then ready to go.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Nyam Bura wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 12:21 If I had the power, I would definitely end this menace. Kids are drafted to war because they are energetic and they have the needed strength, but they end up wasting their youthful life. I am very sure most parents would not prefer to send their kids to war. Unfortunately, they don't have a choice in most cases.
If I can, my first course of action would be to establish the minimum age at which a person should enlist in the military in the Constitution or governing law. But if I have the ability to do so, I will vehemently destroy this system because we eats up the younger generation.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Cheryl Erickson wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 12:26 I think that the military should not recruit people until they are at least 21 years old. Even though 17 year olds require parental consent, I feel that is way too young to face the situations that arise in the military. They still have so much growing and developing to get through first.
That age limit is good. But who knows? Maybe in conflicts it's more important to win than to follow the law. On the other hand, war should be avoided at all costs. There are better peaceful ways for civilized people to settle matters. Alternatives that do not entail conflict must exist.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”