Is tolerance for war decreasing with each generation?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: Is tolerance for war decreasing with each generation?

Post by Michaeleedsy »

First off, I do not think it is possible that all forms of war will end someday. Secondly, I think the tolerance is decreasing because so iety has resorted to other means for settling issues. The days when war was the first response to a dispute are far behind us, and we are still evolving.
D Accurate_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d-accurate-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by D Accurate_Reviewer »

How I wish it is really decreasing. I've never really thought of this, but on a second thought, the more I think the tolerance of war is decreasing, theore ialso think war is been tolerated.
Mayang Bature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Love on the Horizon by Emory Dillon

Post by Mayang Bature »

The tolerance for war you're referring to is the ability to see war for what it is. People are gradually realizing that fighting is not the greatest answer to problems. While battle was once a big method to show oneself in society, it is now merely an impediment to what you could be. so, yes, the tolerance for war is decreasing with the newer generations.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

To entirely eradicate war will be a very challenging endeavor. Unintentional infringement will always occur because people always prioritize their own interests over those of others.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I think the more you know, the least likely you are to support wars overall.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

War cannot be eliminated from this world. Humans are bound to chaos. The world is still reckoning with the effect of the world wars in the past decades and that's the reason the world seems a bit peaceful now in my opinion.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

The fact is that our generation wants the tolerance for war to decrease, but it's not decreasing, this is because each country is producing weapons that are not even available in the olden days. These weapons are then used in competing for power among each other which leads to a vital war that is more than before.
Uriel David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uriel-david.html

Post by Uriel David »

I don't think it is that easy to eradicate war. Those that lived through WWI and WWII could tolerate the Vietnam war because they were familiar with the it's horrors and the latter war was small. To do away with fighting, we need to rid ourselves of our greedy and selfish nature.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I do not think any one person tolerates war if you are in the right state of mind. I do not believe that war would ever be eliminated because it is not up to the people, it is up to the governments and governments love to show their power and authority over people.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I will say our tolerance for war is decreasing compared to the olden days. Though, many countries of the world still experience war as it can not be eliminated. However, many people nowadays pray against the loss of loved ones and their lives. There is more to enjoy in life today than in those days.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

My extensive research has led me to the conclusion that the battle will never end because there are too many people who desire dominance and world conquest. Our levels of tolerance, in my opinion, fluctuate somewhat. Nevertheless, there have been numerous wars in recent years that either no one is aware of or about which they show little concern. How many of us actually go outside of our own lives and pay attention to the conditions in the rest of the globe, unless the media urges people to get outraged?
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

This is a very interesting discussion, as much as I want it to, they cannot be end to war, but war cam evolve from being very deadly to something less violent, that's what I believe
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

From my point of view, the tolerance of war has indeed been decreasing as every generation goes. I do not know if war would be eliminated in the future but I believe humanity put the aftermath of war into consideration.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
James Fx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fx.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by James Fx »

I feel our generation is now civilized to realize there’s no gain in war. It’s just more bloodshed and pain. Our generation uses more of diplomacy.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

Yes, I think that the tolerance for war is decreasing with the generations and war is something that is inevitable because man will always be in conflict with himself and the people around him as long as he lives.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”