Is tolerance for war decreasing with each generation?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Is tolerance for war decreasing with each generation?

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

The public's tolerance of war may be decreasing but they hardly ever get a chance to stop it. Our leaders make decisions that result in wars from the war in Iraq, Syria, and even today the Russia-Ukraine War. As human beings we seem to be unable to get along resulting in wars.
queen anirah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-anirah.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by queen anirah »

The statement only holds a small truth. Our tolerance for war might have reduced by a little percentage but it is impossible for war to be completely eliminated.
Bella Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bella-prince.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bella Prince »

I think our tolerance for war is decreasing with each generation. I also think that it is possible to completely eliminate war someday.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

White what I'm seeing and in my own opinion, I think tolerance for war is decreasing with each generation.
Danny reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danny-reviews.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Danny reviews »

The chances of war to decrease are very low. It is reducing but it's not possible to be eliminated. War keeps threatening this generation.
Joyjim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjim.html
Latest Review: Leora's Letters by Joy Neal Kidney

Post by Joyjim »

I believe that the author has developed his story within the framework of current opinions. So yes I would say tolerance for war is decreasing with each generation. It's obvious that war destroys much more than can be imagined.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

I believe our tolerance for war is decreasing because now a lot of people have access to air their minds about their grievances thereby reducing violence.
Neii Jourdain
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neii-jourdain.html
Latest Review: About Spiritual Energy by Walter E Broach

Post by Neii Jourdain »

I might just be good-hearted or simply blind to the outside world and current events, but I do believe that tolerance for war is decreasing with each generation. I personally am surrounded by a generation that focuses on breaking generational curses and trying to see problems in somebody else's shoes. We protest, use social media, and go on strike when necessary. I feel like war would have to be the last resort if given the option.
Ash Lynwood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-lynwood.html
Latest Review: Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs by Denny Hatch

Post by Ash Lynwood »

As a member of Gen Z dealing with the potential outbreak of war in the world, I’ve had a lot of time to think about this topic. War has been an intricate part of human history since the beginning, but I think we are finally reaching a point where we are ready to say no more.

Gen Z especially does not seem to be very tolerable of war, and that is just my experience, this is not meant to be a blanket statement for my generation. But keeping an eye on social media and seeing what is being said, Gen Z is tired of it all.

We want to live life happily and peacefully with one another, and let people live their lives how they want. So yes, I believe as the generations go by we are becoming less accepting of war and the horrific costs that come with it.
Yasmyna Feraru
Favorite Book: The Catcher in the Rye
Currently Reading: Jack frusciante è uscito dal gruppo
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Yasmyna Feraru »

I don't believe so. And I don't see how someone could think of that in the first place. There are for sure some wars that have been "covered" in order not to be seen by the public eye, therefore there hasn't been much movement about it; but the war in Ukraine should say enough by itself. And just because a war isn't being fought over worldwide, that doesn't mean it isn't being fought over at all
Teresa Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy108.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Teresa Emmanuel »

I think tolerance for war is bound to decrease and then increase based on the fact that people go to war for various reasons. One of those reasons are having no other choice than to gain freedom by force. If a group of people don’t feel they’ve been pushed to the wall, they might never go to war.
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

This is an interesting question that I would answer on two fronts, both in the negative. In the book, tolerance for war is certainly not increasing. That's why we have war in the book. In the world today, also no.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I have heard it being said that we live in the most peaceful era of human civilization. I think, mostly due to the growth of global diplomacy, humans are learning to resolve issues with minimal bloodshed. And that is for the best, in my opinion. War comes with a lot of loss, even for the eventual victors.
Sunil_Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunil-yadav.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Sunil_Yadav »

Yes I think that tolerance for war is decreasing with each generation as we are evolving rapidly with new technology and information. And as we all know how costly it has become to run a country, so how much will it cost to fight a war. And the consequences will be devastating.
clumsy smurf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clumsy-smurf.html
Latest Review: A Walk in the Twilight by John J Bosco Jr.

Post by clumsy smurf »

War can't be eliminated. But the new generation can't survive the war because we were never taught how to deal with problems around war.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”