Can a single person stop corruption in an organization?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Keine Gheyinmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Can a single person stop corruption in an organization?

Post by Keine Gheyinmi »

I don't think a single person can stop corruption in an organization. He needs the help and cooperation of others. He can also be in danger if he's alone trying to stop corruption
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

I feel like it can really be difficult for one person to stop corruption in an organization. but however, it can only be achieved when you are a mastermind and plan the course of your moves as it can easily backfire and you could end up being the one who gets hurt.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Phooko Tebogo PC
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Timothee22 wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 00:07 It won't work with only him fighting this battle. He needs support. It will only take a miracle for him to win this case.
:lol2: :lol2: well said, In this type of situation it is not even easy to trust anyone course there may be those who could throw you under the bus and you will be all left in the fire. Corruption is a very difficult concept to fix in a country and it is very sad you know.
~Phooko tebogo
Phooko Tebogo PC
Currently Reading:

JamesJaphet wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 01:50 I don't think the person should give up. At some point, some other people with a living conscience will see the need to join in advocating for a change in the system.
well of course some people may join the move but then again there could still be that one person within you who is in opposition and only there to monitor your moves and hear your plans to sell you out.
~Phooko tebogo
Phooko Tebogo PC
Currently Reading:

Avishi wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 01:01 If I were in Steve's situation, I would just follow my instincts and my heart. If I believe I can change the corrupted system, I will do everything it takes, regardless of the difficulties or results.Whatever sorrow occurs in the process of creating a better world, we may be certain that the better will come to us later.
It is impossible to be a one-man army and change the world in our corrupted environment. But it is worthwhile to strive to achieve something in which we have a strong belief, even if it fails in the end. In my opinion, it is the process that is most important, not the outcome.
I think you said it better, it will need him to be brave and stay committed to his goal. Staying positive and focused could help him to keep moving with the plan as long as he knows that the results will do good to everyone.
~Phooko tebogo
Nicole Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-savage.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Nicole Savage »

Avishi wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 01:01 If I were in Steve's situation, I would just follow my instincts and my heart. If I believe I can change the corrupted system, I will do everything it takes, regardless of the difficulties or results.Whatever sorrow occurs in the process of creating a better world, we may be certain that the better will come to us later.
It is impossible to be a one-man army and change the world in our corrupted environment. But it is worthwhile to strive to achieve something in which we have a strong belief, even if it fails in the end. In my opinion, it is the process that is most important, not the outcome.
You make a great point here.

An individual person can only do so much on their own. Even with support of others, there are unfortunately limits on what anyone can do. It's a very sad reality, though maybe one day that will change.

Even in cases that aren't corruption per se, change can be difficult to get implemented. A previous company I worked for became a very toxic place to work. I loved the people, but a vast majority of the company was unhappy. In the last few years, almost everyone who was there when I started just left, because of it.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

Just as Avishi has said, the process could have a crucial role in setting the pace for others to join you in making the world better. If you tried to control and you r not heard then live your life the way it seems right to you. There are many people around the world in this situation and they have been living distinct lives. Some of them have shared their testimonies of successes.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step, the movement cannot start without one man starting it. Although I do not think a single man can stop an organization, but starting it was commendable and gradually like-minds will join
Phil Akor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phil-akor.html
Latest Review: Why Does Government Need to be Funded? by Amphidromus

Post by Phil Akor »

Only one person cannot stop corruption in an organization. This was a work of fiction so it was possible.
Brown_Sucre
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brown-sucre.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out The Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 2 by Tom Wick

Post by Brown_Sucre »

There's only much to which a single person can do. But it takes one person to start a revolution. To start, yes. But to put an end to it single handedly. I don't think it's possible
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

that can only happen in a work of fiction. In reality, it is not possible.
crispreviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crispreviews.html

Post by crispreviews »

Well, to me I feel it Should be considered the number of people involved in the corruption practice, are they just 2-3 or more? But speaking from an ambiguous point of view I'd simply continue doing the right thing and if they choose to continue in their deeds, their business. But sure gonna get caught some day.
Radhika Nair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-nair.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Radhika Nair »

I have just finished reading the book, and I'm glad that the steps Steve took hoping for some kind of reform were believable. But note that his success depended upon other people making good use of his efforts to bring about change, otherwise all his labour would have been in vain. One person alone cannot do much, but if a few good people who have the will to act get together they can strike a fatal blow. Not to mention that Steve needed help, guidance, support and reassurance in his challenging labour.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

If it it something he truly believes in, Steve should never give up. Eventually people will start to be more open to his beliefs and some may even adopt them themselves. Hope is never all lost and Steve should remember that.
Brian Apamo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian-apamo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Brian Apamo »

I don't think so. To stop corruption, you need a solid team behind you. As we see in the book, it could have ultimately cost him his life. But, he does it in an undetectable manner, which in reality cannot eliminate the entire threat.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”