Was Roxy's behavior justified?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Re: Was Roxy's behavior justified?

Post by Not available anymore »

No, her behaviour wasn't justified it's annoying that when the job got challenging, she decided to bail on him.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

This question relies on one's viewpoint, and I could understand both characters' points of view. Saying you'll support your partner even if you disagree with their choice, in my opinion, might be simple. To truly stay with them as you both change would be considerably more difficult. Due to the fact that I was able to discern her point of view, I believe her action to be justified.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

It is quite difficult to say if Roxy's decision is justified. Because, we are all humans and at some point, fear could make us look like a betrayal. Also, when there is a lack of communication, things might go south just as it is with Steve and Roxy. I believe if they had communicated better, things would have been better between them.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Although I don't agree with how Roxy treated Steve in some way, in some ways, Steve was responsible for bailing on Steve. I won't also be happy if my partner comes home drunk and in a mess, asking me for sex when I am preparing for my exams. I think Roxy's action is justifiable in this scenario .
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

If you are unable to help your spouse, you should avoid them when things get difficult. Her behavior demonstrates how unhelpful she is. She should never be pardoned if I'm Steven.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

The fact that Roxy left Steve when he needed her most was not only annoying, but also hindered Steve's success. Roxy was afraid and her actions her not justified.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

They weren't married. Her actions were justified. Steve was clumsy and learning too.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

The things Roxy did weren't necessary. Roxy had a duty to support Steve, but she was more concerned about her friends' perceptions of her, even if her love for him was evident and increasingly in doubt. Open communication with her ultimately proved difficult, even when Steve experienced difficulties at work.
Judith igwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-igwe.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Judith igwe »

Roxy's actions cannot be justified, she was the strong motivation that pushed Steve to join the police force. And her not understanding the situation Steve was, is very unreasonable. She always cared about what her friends will think about Steve even due they were not following the law.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

While I disagree with Roxy's decision to leave Steve when he was going through a difficult time, I can understand why she did it. I believe she was primarily focused on protecting her own interests. If they had been married, the situation might have been different, but under the circumstances, I believe Roxy was acting in her own self-interest.
Peace Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

Roxy’s action are not justified. She should have stood with Steve till the end. Steve was so attached to her but she let Steve down.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Doomsday Clock by Mark Pearson

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Roxy is a good character, she has a high sense of patriotism and duty. Her personality is strong and she is independent of what others say. On the other hand, I did not find her behavior in terms of infidelity, who knows how many times she had done something similar? Besides, if she no longer wanted her boyfriend, if she wanted to try new things, the sensible thing to do would have been to go up front and talk about it with him, not to be unfaithful.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

I do not think that her actions were justifiable. I felt that she was being inconsiderate to yards Steve's feelings after all the love he tried giving to her.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I didn't really get the impression that Roxy was the reason Steve decided to join the force. I had the strong impression that he made the choice on his own. He was on "the opposite side" of the protests, so it seemed that she didn't really feel comfortable with his being in the police force. So maybe my reading of the book was different from others.
Ruba Sabban
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-sabban.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ruba Sabban »

Roxy is a horrible person in my eyes because even if she said she would support him and later found she couldn't, she should have talked to him. she should have ended things instead of cheating on him with his best friend. there is no possible justification for cheating, a strong woman can realize when a situation is bigger than herself and chose to leave instead of keeping him so attached to her and then hurting him much worse than anyone else. even at the beginning she takes a trip with him while in a relationship with another guy and puts him through watching her with her high school boyfriend just to tell him she was breaking up with him in the end. regardless of her age and drug use, she isn't allowed to cheat and break his heart and blame it on him becoming an officer when he clearly told her about his decision and she accepted it. also she cares more about her friends and her drug use than about Steve's safety and future. she is the reason i had such a hard getting through the book. Steve deserved better !

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”