Which Character you like from 'Wild World'?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Which Character you like from 'Wild World'?

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Deepanshu Tushir wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 16:26 Roxy was my favorite character. The way she changed and became stronger throughout the chapters was remarkable. I loved how she always stood for what she thought was right. Also as med student myself I can relate to her late night study sessions, stress of getting into a med school and the long journey to become a doctor.
Roxy did alright as a med student, she was however not a good girlfriend. In so many situations, she acted like a fair weather friend. So annoying!
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:

Ruqayyah Rafeeq wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 11:58 Crowley came off as tough and all but he was the only cop that gave Steve the time of day. He was stoic and I wish he got more spotlight.
Yes, me too. I wish we could have seen more of Crowley. He was one of the characters that I liked.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:

MAUREEN WACHIRA 1 wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 02:50 While it is undeniable that Steve was my favorite character, Professor Whitney picked my interest. He was one of those people who influence change but do not get the recognition. I appreciated how he led and organized the protests at Brown University. He equally provided a lot of guidance to Steve as he was trying to gather evidence on the corrupt members of the Brown University leadership. While still being very self-preservative, I think he was a major reason why Steve was able to bring down the corrupt people in Providence.
I was admiring Professor Whitney until Steve went to him for help. I expected that since he was a fan of change and supported justice so much, he could have done more to help Steve. Words can do a little, it's the actions that count most. I feel that he could have done more to help.
Radhika Nair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-nair.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Radhika Nair »

Ruqayyah Rafeeq wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 11:58 Crowley came off as tough and all but he was the only cop that gave Steve the time of day. He was stoic and I wish he got more spotlight.
I know right! Crowley was one of the few decent cops. I hope he enjoys his retirement.
Radhika Nair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-nair.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Radhika Nair »

I feel like the characterisation was rather weak in this book. Nobody other than Steve actually got any nuanced space for development. But I suppose that's part of the point of the book, the stagnation and apathy of people who only want a comfortable life with minimal struggle or disturbance.
Israel10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-israel10.html
Latest Review: Creating Wellbeing and Building Resilience in the Veterinary Profession by Sonja A. Olson, DVM

Post by Israel10 »

Steve's selflessness is something that I actually really admired. And his bravery in protecting his friends is something that I found really hard to come by.
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

Steve is definitely my best character. He made such a brave and inspiring decision to join the police force. Even though he didn’t have full support, he stayed determined. He took the challenges as they came and never faltered in his belief for change. This is not typical character for young people, so I found it really admirable.
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

Steve is my favorite character because he fights for what's right and didn't follow the ones who were doing wrong thank you.
Mande Elly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mande-elly.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Post by Mande Elly »

steve and roxy. there love for each other is just enthrilling although they are of a young age. they hower grow together
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

Steve Logan is my favourite character in the book. I admire his determination to fight against a corrupt system even when the people surrounding him are corrupt. I also admire his bold step in quitting law school to join the police force to bring a change in society. He's a strong character we should all emulate.
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

One student, Steve Logan, who was pre-set to study law switched career goals and ventured into law enforcement after sitting in on a lecture regarding one police officer that changed the world from within the establishment. Entering into police work for the city of Providence, Steve is hurled into the reality that the world isn't what he has been seeing sitting atop the Brown college hill. As Steve struggles with the corrupt behavior of many cops he tries to reach out to his college friends and girlfriend for help in explaining what is being experienced. Unfortunately, not all are willing to open their eyes to the injustice that surrounds them.

- While many in the police department were corrupt, you did get to witness a few guys that were genuine and honest. Although they do have a livelihood to uphold and often kept their heads down, they didn't add to a lot of the atrocities that drench the novel in corruption.

- Steve made a valiant effort to try to be a good change in the world and only apply the proper amount of restraint when interacting with wrong-doers. I found it easy to second - guess whether Steve was truly making an impact, however I do believe that he tried his hardest to bring justice to an environment that was poisoned with corruption for who knows how long.

- The book illustrates Steve's up-hill battle fought to bring justice to a corrupt department and it was great to see him win in the end.
Ochieng Stephen Owino
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-stephen-owino.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Ochieng Stephen Owino »

This has had to be the easiest question ever. Of course, it is Steve. His selfless nature, bravery and sense catapult him to be the best liked character in the book.
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

I liked Steve the most, not just because he was the main character, but also because he felt like a genuine and caring person.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

I do not have a favorite character. However, for the sake of this discussion, I would select Steve as my favorite character. His righteousness and bravery are commendable.
Riya Sarkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riya-sarkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Riya Sarkar »

I did not like any of the characters enough to have them as my favourite.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”