Anti-war Poetry

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Mechito Mecherchito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mechito-mecherchito.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Re: Anti-war Poetry

Post by Mechito Mecherchito »

Everything that happens on earth, in my opinion, concerns all of us. Any person should express his opinion and state his position on the current processes in the world. This will help shape public opinion, even though there will be many different opinions. I absolutely understand and agree with you. I am amazed with this important point you have made!
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Avishi wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 00:38 Yes, you are correct. We humans can't always ignore what is going on in the world. There are times when we must make a stand for those nearby. Since we are all connected, whatever occurs around us will have an impact on each and every one of us.
Nice point.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Avishi wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 00:38 Yes, you are correct. We humans can't always ignore what is going on in the world. There are times when we must make a stand for those nearby. Since we are all connected, whatever occurs around us will have an impact on each and every one of us.
Nice point.
Uyo ojo Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyo-ojo-grace.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Uyo ojo Grace »

I concur that everyone is interconnected. The entire planet is a single town. War in one country might cause misery in another. The conflict between Russia and Ukraine is a prime example.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

This is a perfect peom for that illustration, we are all connected one way all the other, if a war break out, the outcome will all affect us.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

You are absolutely correct in what you think. Everything we or our government do has a ripple effect, even if it affects just one individual or a whole nation.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Yes, your description of it makes it better to understand, as humans, we can't stay put when there is a national disturbance. It is like a ripple that gets to everyone around it.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

We are connected. The faster humanity agrees to this the better it is for us and our society
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

The poem you related with the WW is very correctly stated. If problems ensued in one corner of the world, there is an indirect effect it has on other corners of the world. I appreciate your creative thinking.
James Fx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fx.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by James Fx »

You are right. Our actions affect others directly or indirectly. When we know this, and make a conscious effort to change, the society will start getting better.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

I like the translation of the poem and truly we are all connected to each other.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

I don't believe this is a unique event, but the way the author describes it helped me understand how the war affected everyone. I got shivers listening to him describe the students shouting. It's not unusual; numerous books have been written on it, but I had never actually experienced it.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rose Tamuno »

FunkyFlowerLady wrote: 18 Sep 2022, 09:27 So true, war has far more impact on the entire world than people realize. its impact is felt even in places that have no connection to the warring countries at all. And Vietnam war may have been fought in Vietnam with American soldiers, but it definitely impacted the whole world in one way or another.
You could have said it any better. Their people today who are clamoring for world to come their way but they fail to understand that it has really devastating consequences.
Neora Wish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neora-wish.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Neora Wish »

Very true, when it comes to war, it does not only have an impact on the parties involved but on all of us. A good example is a war between Russia and Ukraine that lead the entire world to inflation.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I completely understand what your described poem is attempting to convey. The effects of fires (which may be lie, evils, or in this case, war) do not tend to be localized. It spreads like a virus and is extremely difficult to contain, so it's best to avoid it altogether.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”